+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: How to get Driving Licence in Kolkata?

Hello friends,
    Please tell me the procedure to get Driving Licence in Kolkata, I live at Salt Lake City. which document i need to have to get a D/L.
    Thanx in advance.

You can download form from [url]http://transport.delhigovt.nic.in/[/url]

You need:
    Form no. 2 and 3 for learner's license.

Following Documents are required:
    Age Proof
    Proof of address
    ID Proof

Submit it to your local zonal office. You have to attempt a written test which contains 20 multiple objective type questions. 12 marks are compulsory to apply.
    After passing the exam, the candidate is provided the learner's license withing 2-3 hours on the same day.

First of all you need to know how to drive and then only you can acquire driving license anywhere in India. There are couples of consultants in Kolkata from whom you can derive driving license. You can contact Bidyarthi & New Mithila Motor Training. They not only provide training in driving but even issue driving license. It is in Sonarpur and the door number is 109- Jl41. One can say it is near to Agragami Sporting Club in Narendrpur where the area pin code is 700150. Even Sangam Motor Training School also provides training and license in driving. You can find it while coming on the way to Raja S C Mullick Road where the area pin code is 700092 and the door number of the complex is 68/B/32. Else in the above way you can follow but the process will be tedious.

You may be knowing that getting Driving Licence is as per the same procedure followed anywhere in India. There are 2 types of Driving Licences. They are two-wheeler Driving Licence and Four-wheeler Driving Licence.
    • Go to Public Vehicles Department
    • Get learner's license first
    • This tells that you’re learning driving
    • This is valid for up to 6 months
    • You need to be min 18 years old
    • All traffic rules must be known

Thumbs up

Oh that’s simple. At first you must visit the Public Vehicle Department located in Kolkata. I think you can find two offices found in Kolkata one office is located in Sarat Bose road, the other office is located in Alipore. Contact some driving center and get your driving license easily, but before all the procedures you must know driving, only then these measures can be successfully taken. This is how I got my driving license and all the best.

Whether you are in Kolkata or in Chennai, the procedures to get driving license is same. All you need to do is to go to RTO office and submit your address and ID proof to get the license. Once your done with the test here you will be given learning license which is valid for 3 months after that you need to again come and show your driving to get driving license.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Kolkata
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed