+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: how to apply for Passport in Chennai?

Hi people!

I'm a 21 year old guy and want to apply for Passport, but don't know the procedure.
    Can u please ppl tell me how i can apply for passport in Chennai?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kannan,

You will have to go to Sastri Bhavan which is on Greams Road, Nungambakkam. They work from Monday to Friday 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. They will give you a form. Please ask the person at the counter itself for more clarifications if required, like number of photos, if affidavit is required, ration card, driving licence, etc.

The best way also is to go to a good travel agent near your locality. You can also check with Jist Dial services, PH: 26444444 / 69999999.

Take care.

I born in 1989 what are documents to sudmit......

Thanks Pearl

good ;-) :@

If you want to apply for passport then firstly you have to fill up the form online and after some time you will get the notification for the scheduled interview for which you need to visit the past office along with all the necessary documents such as address proof, educational certificates and others. Address for Chennai’s regional passport office is as follows

Regional Passport Office
    IInd Floor, Shastri Bhavan
    26, Haddows Road

Unhappy

I would like to mention some information to apply for the passport online, here are some take a look at it.
    • First you must log in into the website mentioned below
    www.passportindia.gov.in
    • You must create a user ID with a password. Now fill the application and submit it, you have the option of downloading the E-Forum.
    • Make a note of the ARN which is abbreviated as Application Reference Number (ARN), and get a print out of the application slip.
    • Now visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)
    • The candidates must be presented with their required documents I mean the original and the photocopies.
    • Your photograph will actually be captured at the PSK.
    • Once all the procedure is done you can now track your application status by logging in the above mentioned website.

Chennai Regional Passport Office

Kannan, all above 18 years of age can apply for passport in India. you have to pay some fee if you are a otherwise. They are called as minor. Your parents details are taken in this passport. Passport Office people would correctly check your Date of Birth. These days, applying for passport in Chennai is easy. Online registration is there. Kannan, you will have to fill up that. Thus, you’ll get application number. You will also get time and date when you have to appear before Passport Office, Chennai. You need to attach these all things with Passport Application correct Form:
    • DoB proof
    • Address proof
    • Different ECNR (Emigration Clearance Not Required)Eligibility proofs
    Regional Passport Office, Chennai is at Haddows Road, Tamil Nadu’s Chennai – Call: 28203591

If you want to apply for passport in Chennai then you should get a form for application from their website or office. The regional Passport office in Chennai is located on Haddows Road from where you have to collect the form at a certain amount. If there is any doubt about form requirements you can ask for clarification on any point at the inquiry counter. It is very important to attach your photostat residence proofs which should be valid. Date of birth certificate and qualification certificate photostat copies are must. If you are into a job then should provide the valid documents about it. Once after getting all the documents ready then you should produce the original ones along with it for verification and pay the amount finally after being approved of all the details.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Chennai
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed