+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: International school in india

I wish to send my son to south India for studies preferably bangalore. What advise would you give me on choosing the right international school for my son in India?

I can share my experience; as my daughter is studying in Chennai.

>
    Hi Parths,

There are very good International Schools in Bangalore. You may just go through the below website. Just keep your curson on Bangalore and then move the arrow up and down.

[url]http://www.shambles.net/india/index.htm[/url]

By the way are you looking at only Foreign Schools or Indians Schools of International Standards also ? I shall also mail you some more details.

Stonehill and Treamis in Electronic city are some of the best schools. Do drop me a mail and we can discuss further.

Regards, Sanjay

parths wrote:

> I wish to send my son to south India for studies preferably bangalore. What advise would you give me on choosing the right international school for my son in India?

For International Schools in India, this may be helpful:

asbindia.org/page.cfm?p=6&smo=fo-education.
    ASB-India curriculum offers quality curriculum, research abilities and an international outlook that helps children immensely with their studies after moving to India.
    I am sure this will be helpful.

Hi Parths,

I hope you got to read my earlier post. Below is an experience of another member, which I have posted for your reference.

He has admitted his son at Treamis as a day scholar. Treamis is also a residential school. You can get information at [url]www.treamis.org[/url]

Sanjay,

Member's experience in his own words.

The admissions procedure is very simple. I registered on line and wire transferred about 150 dollars in December. The school counselor talked to my son over the phone. She wanted to make sure that my son’s age was appropriate to the grade he was seeking admission. She asked few academic questions. This process assured the seat. In early March, I made a pre move trip to Bangalore and visited the school. I paid Rs. 70,000 towards fee (Rs. 35K per semester) and a refundable security of Rs. 25K. This is for 8th grade. They have different fee structure for different grades. There are no donations or capitation fee. I paid the resident Indian fee. If I were to be in the USA and send my son as a hostel student, they would’ve charged me NRI fee. That would be $1400 per semester.

They give first preference to students coming from foreign countries…. particularly to those coming from the USA and UK. 80% of the promoters of the school are NRI/Expats. Most of them live in the USA and UK. Their objective is to facilitate continuation of education process for relocating children. The school combines the best of both worlds. They have adopted US education environment and have a hybrid global curriculum up to 8th grade. For high school, they offer Indian CBSE as well as IGCSE (UK-Cambridge) curricula.

Cheers, Sanjay

parths wrote:

> I wish to send my son to south India for studies preferably bangalore. What advise would you give me on choosing the right international school for my son in India?

Information of International school in India
    [url]http://www.asbindia.org/page.cfm?p=63?smo=Sd-India[/url]

hi, parth

if you are looking for an truly international school in Mumbai then American international school is best.

If in south india, then DPS bangalore or baldwin school for girls is better option.

But if in south india you are looking for an International school (IGCSE) then i think TRIO WORLD SCHOOL (Bangalore) will be better.

you can visit the site: [url]http://www.trioworldschool.com[/url]

Hey parths,

It is good that you are planning to join your son in an international school............it is a good choice, because they will be able to get a higher knowledge of various things like sports, studies and other extra curricular activities. They promote international education and environment as well.

In India there are many international schools which offer extraordinary coaching, infrastructural facilities etc........

Harvest international school.
    Kodathi Village,
    Carmalram Post, Off Sarjapur Road,
    Bangalore, Karnataka 560035

Bangalore International Public School
    # 58/2, Subramanyapura Main Road,
    Chikkallasandra,
    Bangalore – 560 061

Brigade International School ,
    Whitefield, Bangalore – Brigade Schools
    9, 4th Cross Road,
    Whitefield Road, Mahadevapura,
    Bangalore, Karnataka 560048

I think among these the best choice would be “Harvest international school”

[QUOTE=parths;45979]I wish to send my son to south India for studies preferably bangalore. What advise would you give me on choosing the right international school for my son in India?[/QUOTE]

Top iternational school in India are:-

Woodstock School, Mussoorie
    Kodaikanal International School

Indus International School, Bangalore

The British School, Delhi
    Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai
    American School of Bombay
    American Embassy School, Delhi
    Mallya Aditi International School, Bangalore
    Bangalore International School

Hopt this helps.....thank you...

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply