+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: How to handle a Rebellious Teenager

My daughter is 14 y/o. She is becoming rebellious day by day. She doesn’t listen to me. Answers back, talks back, temper tantrums, mumbles, and have exuses for everthing, lies, and sneaks. How can I change her behaviour? Please advise me.

As you've told that your daughter is 14, probably these behavioral changes are due to hormonal changes. Don't be repulsive and try to understand her problem.

Sit with her and talk to her patiently about the problem. Ask if she has any problem at school, coachings, or home. I am sure she would speak her heart out to you.
    “There is nothing so pathetic as a bore who claims attention - and gets it”

Rakshanda>> Damsel is absolutely rite..

Avoid talking to her when she is in bad mood as it may worsen the situation, when you see some change in behavior talk to her and try to find out the reason for doing so. You can also talk to her teachers and can work together to handle this situation

try to spend as much fun time as you can with her, go for a movie , only she and you, go out for shopping, dinner and talk to her in a friendly manner, leave your motherly instructions at home and have fun.

Use reverse psychology.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed