+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Live In Relationship Acceptable In India?

Hi Friends!
    I am 28 yrs and love a girl who works with me. I don't know that should I marry her or not. right now we both are living together in a same house. We both are fine with it but my g.f. sometimes get upset as this relationship will never be accepted by our parents and relatives if we don't get married. Can't we live together without marriage. Is it a sin.

I need your help guys!!

I m not sure, but it is a sin in the eyes of Indian law..... although, i like this relationship.......

Live in relationship is not acceptable in India. This kind of relationship is practiced in foreign countries like America and UK. In America and U.K, there is no culture. Hence most of the people there change their spouses just like we change clothes daily. There Only 30% of the families will survive for life time. We should not be such cultureless brutes who often change their spouses. Live in relationships are built up on the pillars of excessive individualism, fashionable life style and money. It is so fragile that it can break at any point of time in life, even after having children. The blood relations in it are improper. Live in relationships cannot stand for life time and they cannot build healthy society too by any means. Live in relationships are very easy to dissolve. This kind of dirty culture can destroy Indian family system and culture. Indian family system is so strong only because of its culture and traditions. The rituals in Indian marriage system have the power of keeping a marriage for life time.

Live in relationships will never be accepted the parents and relatives. It is a pure form of official prostitution and is a SIN upto 100%. Hence It is better to marry up on the permission of the parents. SAVE INDIA! SAVE CULTURE!

DO NOT USE PERSONAL ABUSE. DO NOT SECOND PERSON SPEECH
    USE GENERAL SPEECH AS IF SPEAKING TO NOBODY
    GOD BLESS ALL

Sanchit
    if you love that girl then why you don't want to marry her?

Yaar do log agar bagiar shadi k sath rahana chahte hain to isme koi problem nhi honi chahiye.........bas understanding sahi ho.....

dear saurabh India a country of cultural values and ritual ceremonies cannot afford to plunge into western society......i think u understand that.....

somya is rite ............sanchit jab tum pyaar karte ho to shadi karne me kya harz hai shadi pyaar ka end to nahi........

Ashu > I understand ur views....But maine sirf apni baat kahi thi..

ok saurabh........

yes dear....i m loving it

Sanchit,
    Hope the decision to live together was mutual.. After a while it is not that easy for a girl to continue with it. It leads to lot of insecurity and self doubts/ disappointments..Most of it is driven by peer/family/friends pressure/ social acceptance. If you both are not ready for the next step then set a deadline for yourselves and see if anything has changed?

sanchit81 > thats better u will do marriage wid her.........

welll in this type of relationship,after sometimes he girl started feeling guilt n unsecure....so as above people said u love dt girl so both of u should get marry dear

@ prisha > jab Live-In ki baat ho to ladke aur ladki ko sari baaten pahle hi clear kr lenni chahiye................

Our Indian society will never ever accept Live Together Before Marriage, because all of us are born and bought up with civilized Indian culture.

So, I bang Live In Relationship b4 marriage………..

Thumbs up Life is too short..

Who cares about the society and world. Do not let cultural and social taboo's decide what you should do and what not. Do what makes you happy. Life is too short to live with regrets.

Hi,

If you are very sure of getting married to her then don't worry about others, it is your life and no one has any rights to question you But your parents. But if have any concern with the girl them please talk to her and decide what you want to do for your better future, Please dont spoil the girl's future.

Guys,
    Kindly don’t suggest drivel advice, this implementation is the major reason for Indian society lashing to poorer condition…

We all know it’s our life & our happiness is more important, but we can’t take all things for granted and act rubbishy before the Indian society that is following strict & well-mannered culture…

Hi Guest!!
    India is renowned for its culture.
    I totally agree with rameshraju in this matter.. We should respect and preserve our culture.. And live in relationship is not our culture. I want to say one thing here and that is “One should love and accept him/her as their life partner only once” is the Indian culture. Now this is absolutely changed.. Can you tell any one person in India who was fallen in love with only one girl and married to her and vice versa? I am sure, you cannot.. This is also not our culture.. I would suggest you to get married soon.. Get married and be in good relationship throughout your life.. no one will ask you anything..

Westernization does not mean loosing indian culture, its biggest myth.

The main reason for popularity of Live-In relationships is because of the nature of volatile jobs today and need for financial independence for everybody(man and woman both). I see new generation jobs, people keep moving from one city to another every few yrs. With this change in job location, money and things, it becomes hard person to find true love, or get married and stay together as a couple, bcos jobs are important to males are as much important to females as well? Everybody wants to make the best out of lives, be independent and happy? Live-In relationship or Marriage in todays world is becoming more of companionship. Sharing day to day life, enjoying moments of life, does not matter where you come from, what you do, as far i they both like spending time together. Western culture believes in being happy, sharing each others likes and dislikes, hobbies no matter you are married, unmarried, divorced with kids....just be happy and make the best out of your life doing things you like.
    Another advantage of live-In relationship- In traditional arrange marriage, both side parents brag how amazing their kids are. But in reality when bride's parents say she is a amazing cook and she barely knows how to make a cup of tea. Also groom parents say that he has a great job making 60k when reality is he barely earning anything. So couple feel cheated in arrange marriage. But in live-In relationship after few months you know the reality quick. Can she cook for you in the evening? Can she iron the clothes? Is he really making enough money? Does he treat me right? Makes me laugh and makes me feel special? Do we have compatibility in relationship? So all these questions are answered in few months of Live-In relationship, without parental influence. If things workout couple get married, if not couple decide to walk away. So Live-In relationships are good for both bride and groom and is in general good for society.

Well, honestly in my opinion live-in is good, but it is more exciting if u will get married first before u live in one roof. But before u get to marriage you'd better know the person well & also the family of that person. As sadvibbs says it is very good to spoil a girl’s name here in India it always matter in small towns.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed