+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: What's the procedure of studying M.Tech in Canada?

I have completed my B.tech in 2007 and now i want to to go for canada for M.Tech.. Ho wmuch score i need to get in IELTS... Which universities r better... What about part time jobs in canada............

Can anybody please elucidate all the steps to secure an admission in a Canadian university,step by step,in detail.
    -- First of all, please don't mind, but I have to say, you go to IIT, which is supposedly a premier institute that sends hundreds of students abroad each year, and you don't know even the basics? That's quite sad!

Anyway, considering that you are interested in a career in the academia and would want to join a thesis-based MS program, here are the steps --

1) Search for the prospective universities on the internet. You'll easily find the links to their websites.
    2) Go to the webpage of the department you want to join. There, you'll find all the details regarding minimum requirements, eligibility criteria, fees, research activities, faculty profiles etc.
    3) If you find a suitable university, go through the faculty profiles and research activities carried out by them to see if your research interests match with their's or not.
    4) If your research interests match, then contact those professors via e-mail. Provide details of your research interests, past research activities (if any), academic achievements etc. and ask them if they'd be willing to recruit you.
    5) If you get a positive response, then start preparing your formal application by appearing for GRE (if required), TOEFL/IELTS and writing your SOP. Also, at this stage, inform your prospective referees that you'd like them to write LORs for you.
    6) Once you get the scores from the tests and have finished writing the SOP, apply to the universities. Most of the universities have online application systems. If you're uncomfortable with that, you can also download/order paper applications. Complete ALL the parts of the application.
    7) Collect LORs from your referees, transcripts from your institution (verified and sealed in their original envelopes), and other required documents and send them to the university.
    8) Wait for response from the university and take appropriate action as advised by the university.

If, however, you're not interested in a career in research, and want to go for a project-based MS, then just ignore steps 3 & 4 and also the 'if' clause of step 5. Rest of the steps remain same.

# Do I need to take the GRE and TOEFL test to apply for the MS test in the Univ of Manitoba
    -- You can visit the webpage of the particular department you want to join at University of Manitoba. You'll all the details regarding entry requirements.

# If I can score well in my GRE and TOEFL,do you think I can get full financial aid to study.
    -- The process of admission and granting of aid at Canadian educational institutions is slightly different from the system at their US counterparts. The financial aid does not depend solely on your GRE & TOEFL scores. In most of the universities, the aid given to MS students is in the form of RA and/or TA. So, the willingnessof a professor to recruit you in those positions is more important than your scores. You might come across very few universities which have guaranteed financial aid schemes for international students. One such university is University of Toronto, ECE department. Even then, getting 'full' financial aid will be very difficult in the present scenario.

The scene for financial aid is very grim in Canada. Most of the universities don't offer any aid to MS students. Some of them which have mandatory aid schemes for international students (as I mentioned above) try their best NOT to recruit international students to avoid giving aid.

You can, however, try your lick with different scholarship programs.

# Can you plz send me the links from the university web site which has all the details of the application procedure for the MS course in Computer Science.
    -- There are so many universities and so many webpages!! How many links can we possibly provide? Moreover, you haven't even shared your academic profile, so that we could at least suggest the names of the universities where you might have some chance of getting admitted!

Canada Immigration

Immigrate and Work in Canada: all you need to know, Infos, Documents, Visa, Job offers
    visit http://canadianimmigrationadvice.blogspot.com

To pursue M.Tech from Canada you need to clear IELTS exams with good marks. Based on your percentage in the entrance exam you can choose the university. Additionally you need to provide the details of finance and your health. If your percentage in your previous graduation and entrance exam is good you can claim for scholarship from Canada.

Canadian education

If you are opting for IELTS or International English Language Testing System test, then you should score 6.5 minimum. Its because thatís the minimum required by most of the Canadian universities. To get more details about all these, you can search:
    ē http://www.aucc.ca/

Scholarship and other helping offers will be given by different Canadian universities. For part-time jobs and other details, you will get details here:
    ē http://www.workopolis.com/content/fasttrack/studentjobs.html

Thumbs up

If you are seeking admissions for the masterís at first you will be asked to fill and submit the application form that will be given to you from the respected university. Including this application you must also submit the academics and a SOP certificate and these certificates must be submitted in International office, which is the office of respective university. If you are willing to do your masterís in the IT or computer field the fees ranges up-to 8-10 lakhs this is for the international students.

Getting through your M.Tech in Canada is a biggest challenge for the one who is in abroad. But then you are facilitated to give the test through online process. What is most important is that you need to have an extra edge over IELTS and TOEFL papers with good score where 6.5 is the minimum score. You can chose your desired university from where you can give the entrance exam in it. The GRE test is the biggest hurdle which you need to clear. Even your financial and health stature have to be sound to get signal for M.Tech study in Canada. Once after the declaration of the result you need to send the scanned records of your mark sheets to the desired Universityís website of Canada.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Study Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed