+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: B.Sc. Computer Science or BCA: which is better?

I've completed my 12th and know want to become IT professional. I'm in a dilemma that should I do B.Sc. computer science or BCA? Can you tell me which one would be better for my career?

Aarav

BCA is better and you could do your MCA afterwards for which its more helpful than BSc CS..

But a lot of people are of the opinion that they are not much different..

I would opt for BCA..

Good Luck

[quote=Aarav]I've completed my 12th and know want to become IT professional. I'm in a dilemma that should I do B.Sc. computer science or BCA? Can you tell me which one would be better for my career?[/quote]
    BCA is better than BSc in Computer Science becuse BCA has better scope than BSc in Computer Science in the present day employment market.The former is all about the JAVA, Programming and other computer applications where as latter provides you the complete knowledge of the computer but it will not provide you the managerial skills which you must need during this tough market of competition.

pragz
    if i do first B.sc in computer science and than opt for BCA then????? plz repl

Unregistered

Wink Paglo ka kuch nhi ho sakta wat d shit u r saying

Bca after btech

2 batchelor degrees

Unregistered

Unhappy question

Cant someone do bca directly after 12th?
    or is it necessary to do a degree first like b.tech or b.sc?

BCA is like any other graduation degree, so u can go for it after 12th. Also prospects of BCA are better than BSc. BCA being a professional degree. Go for it man.

Both BSc and BCA have their own importance and job opportunities. In BSc rather than concentrating on computer languages the logic behind the software is taught well. So people with BSC computers background can easily learn any computer language later. However in BCA is a professional course where students are trained as per the requirements of IT field so they will be knowing computer languages. One more advantage of BCA is that you after your graduation you can even apply for MTech.

B.Sc. Computer Science or BCA

This shouldn't be taken down as a spurn comment or something. If you ask is it B.Sc. Computer Science or BCA: which is better? I won’t blabber. As you just finished 12th grade, consult IT field grownups itself. Take down their comments.
    • Wage war b/w Bachelor of Computer Application and B.Sc (Computer Science)
    • B.Sc. syllabus is rather more easy than BCA
    • Quite simply, in Computer Application field, BCA is far far better than others
    • B.Sc Computer Science just teaches you some theoretical aspects
    • Nothing more than this
    • As per what I suggest, BCA is clearly leading the way than B.Sc. Computer Science
    • B.Sc. Computer Science isn't that job oriented too

Both the science stream subjects have different flavors of their own where BCA is likely to be more in demand then B.Sc. Being a fresher in B.Sc or BCA you can have a chance as a Quality Analyst, Tech Support Officer, Legal Associate, Junior Web Designer etc. Whatever jobs it may be the BCA candidates are given the first preference cause they have in-depth knowledge of the Computer and its languages. The BCA candidates gets the privilege of more foreign job offers than in comparison to B.SC candidates.

BCA is Best Course in Carrier.

BCA is best course,This course in jaya College Of Arts and Science,Thiruninravur-602024.Near Nemilcherry railway Station

my suggestion what is your motive to be a it professional ? think about its stress ,life gone hard ,money cant buy happiness at all time ,jobs with your interest is all ,because

I say yes to your opinion that IT profession is stressful, but not always..

According to my knowledge stress and compulsion happens only if there is launch of new project or if you retain your work…
    These days the cost of living is becoming higher so money plays an important role and I would conclude saying love the job U have and don’t spend time searching for the job u wish to have.

Which college/University allows Mtech admission after BCA, pls adv.

[QUOTE=malini;245270]Both BSc and BCA have their own importance and job opportunities. In BSc rather than concentrating on computer languages the logic behind the software is taught well. So people with BSC computers background can easily learn any computer language later. However in BCA is a professional course where students are trained as per the requirements of IT field so they will be knowing computer languages. One more advantage of BCA is that you after your graduation you can even apply for MTech.[/QUOTE]

Which college/University allows Mtech admission after BCA, pls adv. Tks

Hi Malini & Suresh,

I go with Malini’s words; she has given a detail description on which is better either BSC OR BCA and the conclusion given by her is it’s neither of them are least and that is the fact as well…

Well Suresh, known to my knowledge the following are the universities that provide excellent coaching’s for MTech courses…

Bangalore:-
    G.H.Patel College Of Engineering
    Christ University
    Indian Institute Of Management Bangalore
    Bangalore University

Chennai:-
    Anna University
    Sathyabama University

Delhi:-
    Delhi Technological University
    Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT)

Punjab:-
    Guru Nanak Dev University
    Punjab University
    Thapar Institute of Engineering Technology

BCA is better

Hello all,

According to me you should go for BCA because after completing BCA, you can go for MCA also which will help you to enter in a prefessional company

Hi Guys….
    Students who wish to become software, web designer and system management can take up BCA as career option, coz this undergraduate program teaches detaily about them, whereas B.Sc Computer Science mainly focus on Mathematics and theoretical base of computing rather precise of recent technology. So I close my words by telling BCA as career gives bright future….

#B.Sc. Computer Science or BCA: which is better?

u can do B.sc computer.. and if u looking in future for MCA then u can do BCA..
    best for u and gud luck

The best course which I would suggest you is” BCA” because it is the professional course which most of the students opt for and this course is wholly designed according to the requirements of the IT sectors. And it is the fresh undergraduate course which is fully based on the latest versions of computer programming, software engineering, and information system.

All the best for your career!!!!!!!

BTech Comp Science

Btech comp science is a good option for your interest. Apply to UTM Shillong. It has an excellent campus, hostel, infrastructure.. everything.. it provides its students with top class infrastructure.. the curriculum is offers along with the faculty is awesome. apply there! http://bit.ly/UTMShillong

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Education in India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed