+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Famous Indian English Authors

I enjoy reading the books of Salman Rushdie and Arundhati Roy, my favourite book is Midnight Chronicle by Salman Rushdie. I want to know some more Indian English authors. Can you suggest me about your favourite authors and their best books, so I can also read those books.

Hi kkrish!
    Why don't u read R.K. Narayan's books. RK is one of the brilliant Indian writers.
    These are my favourite books from RK Narayan.

The English Teacher
    A Tiger for Malgudi
    The Man-Eater of Malgudi

Banned
    There are many of them like Arvind Adiga, Dr. Abdul Kalam, Nandan M. Nilekani , Chetan Bhagat and Many More if you want to read there books you can get them at

[url]http://booksworld.50webs.com[/url]

if you live in India, I suggest you to read the newly relased book "SOMETHING IN YOUR EYES" by Saikat Baksi.
    Its a beautiful fiction with a profound idea. The conflict between materialism and mysticism has been explored in a truely fascinating way. You will love it. I started the first page and could never put it down till the last word! Go on...

you know what? today there are plenty of publishers in the country but unfortunately whatever the Indian publishers are producing are looked at as PULP FICTION. A new author never gets an easy entry if he rolls out a literary work because that has no taketr a mong the Indian Publishing Industry. On the other hand the International varieties always go for the parent company approved books. The proven ones.

I agree with esha..

R.k narayan is the best.. You never get bored and the stories are very realistic and simple..

Anita desai ... some books of hers I have liked but not all..I enjoyed In custody to some extent but voices in the city was too bleak and demoralizing sort of...

I have read inheritance of loss by kiran desai which is good but again not all her works are engaging...

Vikram seth's suitable boy was great..

You could also try white tiger.. ec but i still prefer narayan's narrative...

Check this site for more books

[url]http://www.indiamarks.com/guide/Indian-Fiction-Must-Reads/147/[/url]

I agree with the others, R K Narayanan is simply too good. You should read him Swami and Friends, Malgudi days. He takes you for a nice walk through true India.

try this site for books by R K Narayanan

[url]http://www.infibeam.com/Books/search?author=R%20K%20Narayan[/url]

Vijay

I know its an old post. But cant help talking about Shashi deshpande, Shobha De, Kamala Das, M K Gandhi etc.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Books
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed