+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Register Mariage in Kerala Procedures?

Hi All
    My self A muslim Boy from kerala know working in UAE my girl is in Kerala
    And we are planing to get married in oct since iam going on anual leave for 1 month
    from oct to november so by this time of 1 month i would like to get Register mariage her
    Can any body help me out and let me know the procedures of register mariage in kerala
    since i have got only a small span of time of 1 month i want it to be done in that 1 month
    So please take my request and please let me know the
    procedures
    So that i can plan according to that and insh alha all gets in to a happy ending
    Thx in advance for you response

Regards
    Shanavas

There are two procedures to register marriage in India. The first is to marry first as per the vidhi of any religion and then arrange for the marriage registration. The second way is to register your marriage first in the court, which is called registered marriage. It is not necessary to give any prior notice to the court in case you select the first method of registration. You have to submit the application in the prescribed forms that are available in all marriage registrar offices, situated in all the cities. It is required to get this form signed by the priest who has performed the marriage along with the signatures of the bride and the bridegroom. Some of the marriage photographs and the printed invitation cards for the marriage are required to be attached certifying that the marriage has actually taken place. The minimum age of the boy should be 21 years and the age of the girl should be 18 years in India for a legal marriage. Once this application form duly signed by all is submitted, the marriage certificate shall be issued to you within the period of around 2 days. Make sure to issue at least 6 to 8 certified copies of marriage certificate as it would be necessary to submit such certificate at various places like banks, insurance companies, and consulates for visa issuance purpose. Though, such certificate is generally issued in the regional language, insist to get such certificate in English as the certificate in English shall be considered valid at the international level for foreign travel purposes. Some nominal fees of around Rs.20 (50 cents) per copy are charged by the marriage registrar office for issuing the marriage certificate. This procedure is quite simple and you can easily get your marriage certificate within a short period of around 2/3 days of your marriage without any major hassle.

The second procedure of actually doing the marriage in the court is quite complicated and needs the help of a lawyer. In this case, you are required to submit your willingness to marry in writing at least one month in advance along with the birth certificates of both boy and a girl, the proof of the address for both, 2 passport size photographs of each, and couple of well known witnesses from both the sides. Moreover, both the boy and the girl must have stayed in that local area for at least last one month. The court will then put the names of the boy and a girl who want to marry on the court notice board for the period of one month. If anybody has any objections to this marriage, they can register their objections in writing with the specific reasons to the court. In that case, if the court feels that the reasons are valid, such marriages are not registered. If no objection is registered within a period of one month, the boy and the girl can go to the court on the thirty first day with their witnesses and do the marriage registration in front of the marriage registrar by signing in the record register. The marriage certificate shall be issued thereafter. As you can see, this second procedure of marriage registration is slightly complicated, time consuming, and may need some legal help. This procedure is generally selected in case the parents of the boy or a girl are not in agreement of the marriage.

Some precautions are required in issuing the marriage certificate. Both the names of the boy and the girl must be exactly spelled same as per passport. As otherwise, it will create legal complications at a later date at the time of issuing the visa for traveling abroad. The marriage date, place, and the time also must be specified very clearly and should be the same in all the documents.

Marriage certificate is an important document and everybody must get such certificate issued at the time of marriage only so as to avoid complications and the legal hurdles in issuing the same after around 5 to 7 years of marriage.

Hi saurabh

Thx for the update
    1)as per procedure 1 will any one of us will have to change the religion for geting maried?
    2)I think Procedure 2 will be more gud as per my conditions but iam conceern about the 1 month notice can it be reduced
    and can you please predict an aproximate time when they will issue the mariage certificate?
    since only after the mariage certificate i can take a passport for my Girl

Thx in advance for the reply

Regards
    Shanavas

[quote=shanavas.anj]1)as per procedure 1 will any one of us will have to change the religion for geting maried?
    2)I think Procedure 2 will be more gud as per my conditions but iam conceern about the 1 month notice can it be reduced
    and can you please predict an aproximate time when they will issue the mariage certificate?
    since only after the mariage certificate i can take a passport for my Girl[/quote]
    No, U don't need to change Religion.....

No, its a required Time and u have to wait for 1 month, It can't b Reduced.......And as well as u get married, Then on d Spot The Marriage Officer will give that certificate.......And Yes on d basis of that certificate u r eligible to get passport for ur Girl (but plz fulfill all other formalities whatever required to get Passport)

Unhappy

I think as per my knowledge there are about two main procedures in order register a wedding legally in Kerala. First procedure the couples must marry according to their own custom and then go for registering the marriage legally. The second part is that the marriage must be legally registered in court; this is considered as the register marriage of course. As per the marriage rule in Kerala it is said that the marriage must be registered in Municipalities, panchayaths within forty five days of their wedding. By doing this the couples will be issued their certificates only after these formalities.

Marriage Registration Kerala

Never have bogus idea that Marriage Registration is only for some religions. That’s completely false. You can do Marriage Registration whichever religion you follow. Municipalities, Panchayaths, or even the corporations gives yes to this procedure. There is 45 days objection period too Registering marriage through court is registered marriage..
    • Man needs to minimum 21 and girl needs to be 18 years old
    • Submit application which is there in almost all above mentioned LOCAL BODIES
    • Your Birth certificate, Passport, School certificate, Driving licence, all needs to be submitted
    • Bridegroom plus bride will then sign Marriage Certificate
    • For this, three passport size small photos are required
    • After signing, boy and his wife will get Marriage certificate within 2 weeks after marriage registering

If you want to get register marriage then you and your fiancée has to file an application in register office. Along with the photographs of both of you, age proofs, address proof and ID proof. Once this is done your application will be put up on the notice board for about a month and after this notice period talk with the officer and fix your marriage date. During the wedding day you couples along with the three witnesses as to sign the documents as the proof for court marriage.

If that is the case you need to come down to India at your native place for marriage process. You can follow any religious method of wedding but Marriage Registration is necessary. You need to attend the court at the said time of marriage registration. But you need to settle beforehand with certain documents before finally signing for marriage certificate. Moreover the age do matters where for male it should be 21 or above and for girl 18 years or above. Apart from these you need to produce Birth certificate, School certificate, Passport proof and address proof. But it is essential to produce four pass port size photos also. After signature over the marriage certificate you will get it at proof document at your given address. So this how you can get your marriage settled in Kerala blissfully.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed