+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Physical Qualification for IPS

Sir,
    I want to know about the physical and medical qualifications for to become an IPS officer.Now I have 167cm height and 56kg weight. And i am using -0.75 powered specs continously. I have a colloure vision problem also. pls help me sir...

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

2.Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

4. Minimum Physical Standard

The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.
    Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Vipin these are basic eligibility criteria for IPS...

All the best...

hii this is Mitul choubey
    i want to know that i m preparing for ias and my 1 option is ips but i have ligament injury in my knees but i m doing ncc and got c certificate and my ncc is not of normal course its RVC mns remount and veterinary corps so although i have injury i m doing horse riding and got national medals for it so i m eligible for IPS physical test or not plzz tells meee

Mitul...

Unless you are not able to walk or run at the usual speed....it should be fine.. But what you need to remember is for IPS test tehya re very strict about you fitting all the physical requirements...

Good Morning sir,
    I am now 17 years old.I want become a IPS. BUt I don't know much about that IPS qualifications, So please tell me about this Qualifications.I have some questions
    1.What age is appropriate to this service?
    2.Which type of physical appearance we have?
    3.The science students are eligible to this service?
    4.Which type of training I will take now?
    Now my phyical appearance is
    height:178cm
    weight:55
    Please send me clear information about IPS Qualifications.
    Thank you sir.
    My email is
    [email]gkrajeshkumar6@gmail.com[/email]

kumar......
    If I want become a IPS
    ----which type of books have to read, and
    ----which type of examinations are occur during the preparation of IPS service.
    ----what about health conditions for IPS.

Hi vipin
    Eye sight:– 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.
    Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
    Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Good Morning sir,
    I am now 17 years old.I want become a IPS. BUt I don't know much about that IPS qualifications, So please tell me about this Qualifications.I have some questions
    1.What age is appropriate to this service?
    2.Which type of physical appearance we have?
    3.The science students are eligible to this service?
    4.Which type of training I will take now?
    Now my phyical appearance is
    height:178cm
    weight:55
    Please send me clear information about IPS Qualifications.
    Thank you sir.

Hello sir,
    i am B-com graduate n want to become an IPS,Could you please suggest me that which type of study material i should use for preparation for prelims (May-2011.)My mail ID is [email]shweta.sachdev@inspirebridge.com[/email]

Please help me....

Thanks & Regards
    Shweta Sachdev
    Dare to dream, Dare to achieve

> raokubi wrote:

> Hi Sir,

I have some query regarding pursuing IPS.

• I have completed my graduation through correspondence (Part-time) but have full time PUC and Diploma, do they accept this.
    • What are the types of books that I need to refer to or in fact read for the exam.
    • Kindly suggest some kind of training that I would require to take up.
    • What would be the physical requirement (in detail).
    • Which types of examinations are occurring during the preparation of IPS service?
    • Kindly let me know on the selection process that would take place and how much time would it take complete this and what would be the expenses evolved in this.
    • And to achieve this what should be my base line concentration that I should be focusing on.

Kindly reply to my mail addrease which is [email]raokubi@gmail.com[/email]

Awaiting for your reply,
    Have a great day,
    Thanks

Hi,
    I am in tamil nadu.i have completed B.E(Mech) i would like attend the civil service exam. so tell me the best institute for coaching in tamil nadu and also suggest best institute in india.

Unregistered
    sir, my height is 160cm bt my caste is NT...so m i eligible

V.HARIPRASATH

Ips

Hai sir,
    i am form tamilnadu i want to become a IPS Officer now i am doining my diploma final year in (ECE) NOW MY HEIGHT IS 164 CM CLEAR EYE SIGHT MY CASTE IS BC WHAT TYPE IS WANT TO BE READ TO WRITE AN IPS EXAM
    NOW MY IS 19 MY D.O.B(21.9.1992)i want to now about medical qulafication

thanking you sir ;
    PLEASE REPLY TO MY MAIL I AM WAITING
    MY EMAIL ADRESS IS [HARIPRASATH92ECE@YAHOO.COM]

As per written down Physical Qualification for IPS (Indian Police Service), you’ll have to follow this.
    • For males, their chest should be min 84 cm
    • They should also have chest expansion = 5 cm
    • For females, chest should be min 79 cm
    • Chest expansion = 5 cm for them
    • For males, height should be minimum 165 cm
    • For ST, Pahari male, it is 160 cm
    • For women, minimum height is 150 cm
    • For ST, Pahari Female, it is 145 cm

Arrow

Physical standards and some extreme physical qualities are very essential for a perfect job. Here are some physical qualities that are essential for an IPS exam. Check it out.
    • Height - Male 165 cm
    • Chest - Male Minimum is about 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
    • Eye sight? 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
    6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
    • Inherent night blindness is avoided.
    • Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity.

I hope these physical qualities will help you for your job profile in a great way.

If you want to be an IPS officer not only your intelligence but also your physique matters as it is a tough job and requires enough strength to successfully maintain the job. Here is the physical qualification for IPS

Height:
    • Male: 165 cm (general), 160 cm (ST)
    • Female: 150 cm (general) 145 cm (ST)

Chest:
    • Male: min. 84 cm and expansion 5cm
    • Female: 150 cm and expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight:
    • Good eye: 6/6 or 6/9
    • Worst Eye: 6/12 or 6/9

There are certain criteria to get qualified for the challenging role of IPS officer. Apart from intelligence you need to be privileged with a good physical stature to fit into circuit of defense where rigorous physical activities are demanded. You should have certain physical aspects to become a desirable candidate. One should have certain physical aspects like :

• Height – (general) Male 165 cm and ST Male (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm.
    • Chest – size minimum 84 cm.
    • Eye sight – distant vision 6/6 or 6/9 to . 6/12 or 6/9.
    • Near vision -J 1 to J2
    • Must have stereoscopic vision.
    • High Blood pressure – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
    • Listening Capacity - 1000 to 4000 frequency.

hi sir
    i will in exam preparation about the task information about me
    If I want become a IPS
    ----which type of books have to read, and
    ----which type of examinations are occur during the preparation of IPS service.
    ----what about health conditions for IPS.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Education in India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed