+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Peer pressure

There will always be people out there ready to tell you whatís best for you and how you should run your life, but only you can truly know what works for you and what doesnít; what feels right for you and what feels wrong. When you overstep your own boundaries, you are gonna feel really crappy. Its you who decide what is good or what is bad. Here are some ways to overcome from Peer pressure.

* Always listen to your heart.
    * Trust your instincts.
    *Staying true to yourself is essential to spiritual success.

Funny things happen to individuals when they get into a group. The people stop thinking for themselves and surrender their wills to the group. The group takes on a mind of its own. The people in the group depend on it to dictate what they will do or not do. Donít forget that real friends, the ones worth having, accept you for who you are and not the person that they would like to make you. Real friends respect your decisions. You were given free will; use it. Don't loose hope, wait for sucess to come.

My parents are always telling me not to give in to peer pressure and not to just follow the crowd. If I hear them say one more time, "If one of your friends jumped off a bridge would you jump too?" I am going to scream! Isn't it OK to go along with your friends some of the time?

Hi sakshi,

Yes it is okay to go along with your friends/ Follow them when what they are doing is just for fun or is constructive. It helps define who we are and how we feel about subjects in our lives.On the whole the friendship is going to help you become a better person.

Parents always have your well being in mind when they advise you. It can be very irritating at your age I agree.

Talk to your parents about your likes and dislikes. Make them aware of your activities so they don't go frantic with worry. Instill that confidence in them .

Find friends that have similar interests and views as those you believe in, including doing well in school, having respect for others and avoiding drug use, smoking and drinking, etc.

Don't compromise your values for your friends, after all a friend is one who knows all about you and loves you for it...

Don't do things that are not acceptable to you just to be part of your group.

Do not hesitate to speak your mind even if you will be ridiculed by your friends. It is how we chose to react to peer pressure that defines who we are as an individual.

Cheers

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed