+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Admission procedure in Kendriya Vidyalaya

I wish to admit my daughter in Kendriya Vidyalaya in class 3. The school is much nearer to my home then any other school. I have observed that only dependents of Armed forces personnel goes to the Kendriya Vidylaya. I am a private employee - Can I still admit my daughter? What is the admission procedure in the Kendriya Vidyalaya?

Dear lasik,

Let me answer your last question - The admission procedure in the Kendriya Vidyalaya is done through

Admission Test

Admission is drawn in priority wise

31st July is the last date for admission except when the student is on transfer from Kendriya Vidyalaya.

Parent / Guardian will have to submit the Registration Form in the office in February for class I . The same should be submitted in the month of March for other classes. Registration forms are obtainable from the school office against a payment of Rs. 50/- in cash.

Admission test is conducted by the Vidyalaya on the dates notified by the Principal.

The admission test is held in the following subjects:

for Primary class (I to V) – English, Hindi, Maths.

The student should complete the age of 5 years on the first April of the year for admission to class I. The age for admission to other classes will be regulated accordingly.

It is not clear from your query under which sector the Kendriya Vidyalaya school falls. It will be difficult for me to answer since admission priorities differs from sector to sector.

But as you have observed most of the students are children of defence pesonnel. The school is under defence sector.

Anyway, here are the priorities followed by the schools under Civil/Defence Sector

(I) Children of transferable central government employees including ex-servicemen.

(II) Children of non-transferable central government employees including ex-servicemen.

(III) Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous bodies/Public sector undertaking/Institute of Higher learning of the Government of India.

(IV) Children of transferable state government employees.

(V) Children of non-transferable employees of state government.
    (VI) Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher learning of the State Governments.

(vii) Children from any other category.

Thanks.

Kendriya Vidyalayas admission

Kendriya Vidyalayas is one of the most respected institutions in India. You can know more about Kendriya Vidyalayas admission from this link:
    • http://kvsangathan.nic.in/admissionguideline.aspx
    Indian HR ministry very well runs Kendriya Vidyalaya schools all across the nation. The "Central Schools" was renamed as Kendriya Vidyalaya some years back. As these schools very well promote Indian integration, these schools are respected and appreciated. Students’ personality will clearly develop through the academic excellence they impart.

Arrow

The admissions are headed on the following criteria’s:
    • The students who have secured 35% on every subject and less than 40% on the aggregate value are not considered eligible for getting admissions.
    • Admission test will be held only on the below mentioned subjects:
    For the primary class students the subjects will include Hindi English and Maths.
    For the middle class subjects include Maths, Hindi English and general knowledge
    For the secondary classes English, maths, Hindi, science and social studies.
    It is said that the children that is of both non-transferable and transferable CG employees who also includes the ex-service man. A child should be at least five years old for the admission. For 3rd STD it is said that the child must be at least 7 years old. The following is the list of minimum to the maximum age limit.

I 5 years 7 years
    II 6 years 8 years
    III 7 years 9 years
    IV 8 years 10 years
    V 9 years 11 years
    VI 10 years 12 years
    VII 11 years 13 years
    VIII 12 years 14 years
    IX 13 years 15 years
    X 14 years 16 years

The procedure of Admission Test in Kendriya Vidyalaya is not complicated like in the other schools. Here you need to keep aware of the date of admission where the last date of filling the form is 31st July. Before February you should produce the Registration Form in the office. The Admission test dates will be notified by the Principal.

As per the government policy Kendriya Vidyalaya follows certain rules and regulation while admitting the students for school. During admission it will restrict the number of students to 40 per section of a class and the age of a student for a class is strictly followed. Usually the first priority will be given for children’s of parents working in military, government sectors and public sectors. Later is any seats are left then other general students are accommodated.

the info provided was very informative but i am still left with few doubts i am working in IOB so i understand i fall in category 3.my son presently is in pkg in a cbse school.i will b shifting soon to mumbai where again i want to put him in cbse preferbly KV.
    does the school provide KG classes too ?is there any test for the same if so wat may b the sylabus .i will b new to mumbai .i want the best for my son so am trying to narrow down my selection to KV.
    around which month the admision may staart?can we opt for specific branch or KV allots the branch for a student

thanks

[QUOTE=hushhush;2861]Dear lasik,

Let me answer your last question - The admission procedure in the Kendriya Vidyalaya is done through

Admission Test

Admission is drawn in priority wise

31st July is the last date for admission except when the student is on transfer from Kendriya Vidyalaya.

Parent / Guardian will have to submit the Registration Form in the office in February for class I . The same should be submitted in the month of March for other classes. Registration forms are obtainable from the school office against a payment of Rs. 50/- in cash.

Admission test is conducted by the Vidyalaya on the dates notified by the Principal.

The admission test is held in the following subjects:

for Primary class (I to V) – English, Hindi, Maths.

The student should complete the age of 5 years on the first April of the year for admission to class I. The age for admission to other classes will be regulated accordingly.

It is not clear from your query under which sector the Kendriya Vidyalaya school falls. It will be difficult for me to answer since admission priorities differs from sector to sector.

But as you have observed most of the students are children of defence pesonnel. The school is under defence sector.

Anyway, here are the priorities followed by the schools under Civil/Defence Sector

(I) Children of transferable central government employees including ex-servicemen.

(II) Children of non-transferable central government employees including ex-servicemen.

(III) Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous bodies/Public sector undertaking/Institute of Higher learning of the Government of India.

(IV) Children of transferable state government employees.

(V) Children of non-transferable employees of state government.
    (VI) Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher learning of the State Governments.

(vii) Children from any other category.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Education in India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed