+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Parents Relationship and Divorce

I dont know how to explain this. My dad went through a midlife crisis about five years back by getting arrested from his job for filing a job complaint. There is a lot more to the story but I can't really explain the entire thing. That was a huge thing for my dad becuase he is a correctional officer. When he came home from prison he seemed to be completely different. He was no longer my dad. He never talked and whenever he said something he would either yell or scream it. He always had to be right about everything and since then he has been very scary to be around. I can't stand him. I feel bad because all I want is to have a loving father relationship but I can't have that relationship with my dad becuase he is so crazy now.My mom is having the worst time and wants to divorce him. I love them and I don't want to see my mom get hurt. What should I do?

It happened to me and it was almost the exact problem. You have to be the strong one for your family and put your father into check. You really need to put your heart and soul into a letter for your dad and give it to him.When he comes to talk to you about it just simply tell him exactly how you feel and dont be afraid to stand up for yourself. Right now it may feel like your world is crashing down but no matter what just remember that your family does love you in an amount that doesn't even exist.The best thing for your father is for him to go back to jail so he can realize what he is doing to your family is wrong.Its either jail or you have family counselling.I hope I have helped you.

Get your father for counselling

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Mom and Dad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed