+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is maggi noodles good or harmful for health?

As i and millions other often depend on maggi noodles, i want to know whether they are harmful for health? 8-)

YES IT IS HARMFUL..

Ramen and similar products are often criticized as being unhealthy or junk food. A single serving of instant noodles is high in carbohydrates but low in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Noodles are typically fried as part of the manufacturing process, resulting in high levels of saturated fat and/or trans fat. Additionally, if served in an instant broth, it typically contains monosodium glutamate (MSG) as well as a high amount of sodium, usually in excess of 60%, the U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance.

While many processed convenience foods leave much to be desired nutritionally, the particular concern over ramen is a response to its use as a dietary staple for many Americans. College students in particular consume large amounts of instant noodles; the wide availability, very low cost (often below 25˘), ease and speed of preparation, and portability of the product make it appealing to young adults with little money and/or time to spare. A popular college urban legend states that a student gave himself scurvy by living on nothing but ramen for an entire year.

The most recent controversy concerns dioxin and other hormone-like substances that could theoretically be extracted from the packaging and glues used to pack the instant noodles. As hot water is added, it was reasoned that harmful substances could seep into the soup. After a series of studies were conducted, various organizations requested changes in the packaging.

When Maggi was first introduced it was made of refined flour or maida..Over the years due to tough competition from top ramen nestle has brought out new healthy varieties in maggi like dal atta noodles made of whole wheat flour and pulses.. rice noodles made of rice flour, and vegetable atta noodles with whole wheat flour and vegetables...which is better than the normal variety..

Maggi noodles as such has no nutrition value but when it is combined with veggies it is good.. You can add veggies like carrot, peas, tomato, corn, capsicum, onions, broccoli....
    Its very popular among kids as it tastes better than the hakka noodles..

And don't add too much of oil while cooking , just enough for sauteing the veggies...

Cheers

oh really? how true? i don't think maggi noodles is harmful. is it proven and tested?
    but anyways i don't really eat maggi noodles. i just usually ate Quick Chow or Lucky Me Noodles. Anyway, thanks for that info. Now people know and so they can aware of it.

Maggi Noodles or any other type of noodles are not Harmful if consumed in a rare quantity...

People who like to depend upon only Noodles for thr daily food or one time in a day food becomes addicted to it and develop so many diseases that can become harmful for heart and Body.

Consuming Noodles once in a while is OKK.

And to prepare healthy noodles some steps can also be taken.
    Don't make them just in water mixing everything at once.
    First Boil the Noodles in water and when it is fully boiled then throw the water and make the noodles as you like it.

Maggi in long term is harmful for your body as it is a processed food and contains lot of saturated fat which is not good for you. The preservatives used in these noodles are said not safe however, if you eat once in a while then not much problem on your health. But as much as possible avoid such food items and eat healthy and fresh fruits and vegetables.

Thumbs up are noodles good or bad for health?

Noodles is considered as junk food, anything which goes beyond the limit is harmful, likewise consuming magi noodles very often can harm your health very badly, you can eat them once in a while, and there is absolutely no problem having them once a while, take care of your health though they are easy to prepare but difficult to eat after eating two spoons some may feel pukish these are the effects on health of the people.

I am a great lover of Maggi. I don't think there is a person who doesn't like it. It's the most yummy food that waters my mouth. Maggi Noodles is basically a carbohydrate. Carbohydrates are good for a our body. But excess carbohydrates will be converted by our body into sugar which if not utilized will deposit as fat in our body.

But if Noodles are eaten in proper portions it is not harmful.

If you ask whether chewing down noodles is good or bad, answer depends upon your personal body. If you don't know, noodles are actually carbohydrate. You know how much carbohydrate is necessary to your body. Instead of eating noodles limited time, or occasionally, if you eat it as staple food, it b’comes as harmful. As pure maggi noodles is made from flour, it isn't that dangerous.
    • Avoid eating instant junk food noodles
    • Noodles normally come without minerals, fiber or essential vitamins
    • If noodles ate too much, cancer, arian disorders or diabetes can come

Past till date if anyone like to have anything fast then it will be ‘Maggi’ as it is not easy to prepare but very tasty to eat. Moreover it rolls smoothly into the mouth without much effort. But need to caution about this two minute food due to its negative impact on health like:

• Intense of Maggi worsen digestive system.
    • Increases acidity.
    • Even develops gastritis.
    • Hampers healthy growth of a child.

It's neither good nor harmful for health. We can take Maggi just for taste.

Noodles are junk food, if we take it regularly then it can be harmful. Nowadays people prefer to eat junk food more to lack of time of their busy schedule. And Maggi is easy and fast to cook and they are more loved by the kids.

All the top noodles brands such as Maggi, Top Romen, Yippee, Sunfeast, Foodles, etc.. are bad for health. In advertisement they will shoe that these products are healthy, can be given to children and various such things.. But it has been proved that these products are not good for children’s health.
    If you want you can give such noodles once in a month.. Be sure you put lots of vegetables in the dish.
    All the noodle are harmful for health…

Hey All

Thank you so much for your wonderful information, But I am worried about my kids they are so much addicted to noodles, they want everyday for the lunch.. After reading this I stopped giving them. But my kids are getting the lunch box as same how i have packed. They are not having anything apart from maggi what should I do please give me some solution...

Yes it is harmful if eating every weak,one should not ear maida every week.Ya twice in a month is ok.as maida is not good for health.Specially for child maida is not gud due to maida the size of tummy(stomach) increase and it creats gas in stomach also
    Last edited by Sinus; 09-28-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Nope! Dakshayaeni, threaten if your kids are getting back their lunch box as it is, but don't ever console to give Maggi!!

Maggi is always considered to be unhealthy food, coz this harmful delicious instant food is prepared with foul gum to get silky and no touchy stuff. Intake of this gum will let us in suffering problems like cancer, ulcer, gastric and so on.

Overall I bring to a close telling; maggi and other fast foods are always injurious to health!!

Maggi Noodles or any other type of noodles are not Harmful if consumed in a rare quantity...

Yes it is harmful...! But in long term because it’s made of pure flour which has fat, carbohydrates, saturated fat which is very bad for health. In fact everything we eat is harmful, we have to be in our limits and try not to eat too much and suffer later. Keep one thing in mind Food taste hai, but not healthy when we have too much.

Maggie is the product which we can use for the breakfast purpose not for the lunch.and its preparation procedure is very simple hence peoples prefer Maggie. Maggie is not harmful for the body.
    so enjoy the Maggie...

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Food & Drinks
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed