+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: american girl wants to marry an Indian boy

Hi, I am an american girl, who fell in love with a Indian guy, We met at college, where he is a exchange student from India, we were friends for several years, before we started to like eachother. We fell in love! He plans to leave for India in two years, and wants me to come to. He wants to Merry me. My family loves him, he does not pratice the Hindu religion nor does his family. My family however is concerned that My fun loving free spirited independent personality will be altered if i merry him and move to India. His family is very well off, so I will be living an up scale lifestyle, but i am scared that he will become controlling once he gets back to india. and I also worry that the culture may be too strong for me. I love him so much, and cant' think of how life would be without him, but i am also worried that I will loose myself in India? Please give me your thoughts!!!

Dear summergirl314,

Hi ! Just consider one point In India marriage means LOVE AND SACRIFICE for each other.If you find your self to adopt LOVE AND SACRIFICE for life then marriage is successful as per Indian tradition.

Regards.

Anil Mehta

[url]www.arnservices.com[/url]

hello dear how r u and urs familys? today i see ur profile i like ur profile.

[QUOTE=summergirl314;91302]Hi, I am an american girl, who fell in love with a Indian guy, We met at college, where he is a exchange student from India, we were friends for several years, before we started to like eachother. We fell in love! He plans to leave for India in two years, and wants me to come to. He wants to Merry me. My family loves him, he does not pratice the Hindu religion nor does his family. My family however is concerned that My fun loving free spirited independent personality will be altered if i merry him and move to India. His family is very well off, so I will be living an up scale lifestyle, but i am scared that he will become controlling once he gets back to india. and I also worry that the culture may be too strong for me. I love him so much, and cant' think of how life would be without him, but i am also worried that I will loose myself in India? Please give me your thoughts!!![/QUOTE]

hello dear how r u and urs familys?my name is NILANCHAL ARORA.dob 26 june 1983,born in amritsar.live in jalandhar india.i am doing own business,i am looking for gud,true,simple girl for life time friendship.if u want to talk with me so reply me
    aroranilanchal@yahoo.com

take care.god bless u.
    thanks
    NILANCHAL ARORA

Hi Summergirl,

You have to fight between love and sacrifice as they are the two main key things to live a life in India. Indian parents consider culture as a major thing because they never disrespect the culture that they are following. Since you love the person very much you can sacrifice for other things and lead a happy life.

Dear, the love between you both should be like a blossom of flowers in the garden. Cheer up everything will be fine. Get married soon, my best wishes to you both.

Hi Summergirl

First of all i couldnt understand why doest he want you to live in india when he is lready in US. To me you should first know what plans he has for you . One best thing which Indian guys do to put their Foreign girl friends in a sitiuation whwre you have no other option but to leave him...this is the strategy.. He will be having his marriage fixed with any Indian Gal and he simply is making you fool...Bliv me you will cum to know about this today or day after.... So my advice is to marry him and ask him to stay in US///// you can respect his family by nay means ...you can have short visits to India with him...Do what they do...Be an Indian for few days ... But dnt try to change ur identity ...My best wishes with you ....

Hey Sameer!!
    I agree with few of your words like marry him and ask him to stay in US///// you can respect his family by any means ///you can have short visits to India with him.

But for ur kind information not all guys follow the strategy which u meant in ur quote. To set a love with foreigner they must have brave and getting married to same person is very big challenge. To dare the challenge it is must that she has to come to India and lead life with her In-laws for at least a year and get to know well about their family. I donít think there will be any harm for her culture, freedom and etc. Coz these days Indianís got used to c plenty of foreigners moving here and der, so there is no chance for discrimination!!!

Regards

Thumbs up

I Think you should go to India to meet his parents and their family before you get married.

You should try to get to know them , what is it that they want and their expectation and tell them what you want and your expectations as well. Try to bond with his family after all you will become a member of their family in future so its only fair that you try to get along with them. Also do the same with your love... get to know his future plans with you.

In India it is usually two families that get married and not only two individals, so you may be expected to get to know his family and his relatives as well.

If you feel everything is fine and you can handle it then only get married
    All the best for your future

Summergirl,

Your reply is very important to advise further... Have got married to your loved one? Or still in a confusion to be apart of Indian culture. Indians would prefer to give love, affection etc towards you rather than harm or discourage you. Please don't get panic and lose your hope towards your love and life. Be bold enough and everything will be fine.

Bye!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in NRI's World
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed