+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Traveling Tips for students

If you are travelling abroad for pursuing a course, here are some traveling tips for you:
    • If you are on a budget travel, you need to plan and clearly define, ‘dos’ & ‘do not dos’ for yourself so that you do not overspend in certain places and are not ultimately left with no funds.
    • Prioritize your packing in a way that you take with you the least number of things. The less your baggage is, the happier you will be.
    • Gather complete knowledge about the destination, its food joints appropriate for you and the climatic conditions.
    • Once you are there, take precautions to keep yourself away from crime. Do not wear too much jewelry or keep too much money with you.

Nice tips ESL..

Thanks for sharing those tips, i will surely apply that, your post very interesting and it gives me a lot of sense..

When abroad, never use your home country based phone to make calls. This way the phone companies charge a bomb in the name of international roaming. The first time I went to the states, my phone company in India charged me almost 20,000 Rs in roaming charges!!

Next time when I went for a month, I chose to get a prepaid phone from the US, installed an online, pin-less calling card called PCO4NRI and used it to call home. My phone bill (international) for one monthwas just 2000 Rs! Even in India my phone bills normally come uptill Rs.1500 ATLEAST. This was amazing!

nice tip but visit kodaiwilderenessclub dot com

Seriously when you are going abroad you need to manage your budget well. When I went to the US I spent a lot of money on calling home and always tried to save on this but couldn't. So now all the Indian students going abroad please keep a check on your calling expenses. Came across this [url]http://www.pco4nri.com/indian_call/about_pco4nri.php[/url]. Hope it helps..
    Alll the best!!

I would like to add that one needs to behave oneself especially when you are in a foreign country. Many of us in India have a severe lack of civic sense which we proudly continue in the country we visit as well. In the new place you have to remember that you are the ambassador of your country adnd your behaviour will be counted as the behavior of the millions in your country.

Respect their laws, their culture, language and lifestyle!
    If you are girl stop giggling in front of foreigners at their way of dressing or stuff.
    Also, girls try not to have eye contact with any men (not mentioning any races) unnecessarily. Avoid talking with strangers except for the usual hi-byes.
    Guys, stop staring!
    Be free to smile at the person if you catch his/her eyes even if he /she doesn't, especially if you are in the US. They like it.
    Always maintain your decorum. Stop shouting and don't have loud phone calls. Only Indians can do it. Neither Chinese nor Mexicans behave in such an unsocial way like talking loudly on the phone or talking from the terrace at night. Remember that in certain countries like US they can call the police if you do so.
    Always wait for your turn at the cash counter. In India, even if there is queue they take it for granted that you can go ahead and get things done as if other's are in the Stock Market.
    Try not to speak your regional language when you are in a group especially like those of caucasians.
    No Jay walking on the roads.
    Many countries are famous for gun culture. So watch out.
    Don't carry too much cash. You are better off with traveller's checks.
    If an African American or any tramp asks for a cigar or a dollar, be generous n give it to them and walk away causally afap.
    Never drink and drive in foreign countries. Their laws are unlike ours. They can be nasty.

(Y) Enjoy your trip.

(From my experience in US)

Key Travel Tips for Students

• Language. If you are traveling in a country where the official language is not English, start studying before you leave and make every effort to practice your skills at your destination. If you know even a few words of the local language, you can become a traveler rather than a tourist. You can talk to people in towns and villages and learn about life from their perspective. At least trying to speak their language will gain you their respect.

• Planning. If you are on a budget, it is particularly important to be prepared. Know where you want to go, and buy plane, train, and bus tickets in advance. The more you plan, the cheaper your trip will be. However, scheduling every hour of your time invites disaster. So be flexible. A fixed itinerary does not leave room for spontaneous explorations.

• Packing. Take next to nothing. Unless you are going to dinner with heads of state, the less you have the happier you will be. The most important items to take are comfortable underwear and shoes. Buying clothing and other essentials in-country is an important part of the experience. Of course, if there are certain things you cannot live without—like the Dirty Dancing soundtrack— take them with you.

• Food. Go to local cafes or restaurants and pick out the strangest thing on the menu. Try cow’s stomach, cactus soup, or the guanabana fruit. You may not like the taste at first, but by trying new foods you gain a better understanding and appreciation of the culture and discover what a narrow world your taste buds inhabit. In many countries you can purchase local cheese, bread, and wine for very little money. Buying a few staple foods and eating as you travel is a good way to save money, but nothing can compare to eating a good meal in a beautiful foreign land—especially when it’s done with friends from the country

• Cultural Immersion. A passion about immersing yourself in a different culture and seeing the world from a new point of view will take you farther than a huge budget or the best guidebook.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    [url]http://www.locationvillaespagne.com[/url]

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Travelling Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed