+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Procedure for court marriage in India

I am planning to marry the girl I love. But our parents are against the marriage. Therefore I am considering to go for a court marriage. Can anyone tell me the procedure and necessary formalities for the court marriage. Pls help me guys the matter is urgent.

For court marriage, you need to submit proofs of age and residence for both bride and groom. 2 passport size photographs are needed of both bride and groom. On the given date, which is usually one month after you submit the papers, 3 witnesses are required at the office of the Marriage Registrar.

sir /madam iam in love with a girl for 4 years and got a registered marriage in mangalore now we have problems in our families and i want to get a new marriage certificate from bangalore is it possible can somebody please help me

Congrats Altaf u have married the girl u love. But I have not understood ur problem. When u have registered the marriage in Mangalore then what is the need to get it registered in Bangalore. As far as my legal knowledge goes u need to register ur marriage at any one place in India and u can register it anywhere.

Sir
    I Happen To Be A Muslim Boy And In Love With A Hindu Girl.both Of Us Want To Marry,but Our Parents Are Against It. My Age Is 23 And She Is 22 Years Old.we Want To Marry At Any Cost And Through Any Legal Proccess. But On The Other Hand We Dont Want Any Police Problem.
    Plz Help Us!!
    We Have No Time To Wait Otherwise Her Parents Forcely Marry Her.
    Plz Suggest Us

Hi Nasir

Both of you are above the legal age for marriage so legally there is no problem for marriage. yOU CAN GO FOR COURT MARRIAGE. AS PER MY INFORMATION ONE MONTH'S PRIOR NOTICE IS REQUIRED TO BE GIVEN TO THE COURT. THE COURT DISPLAYS THAT NOTICE AT ITS NOTICE BOARD AND IF NO OBJECTION AGAINST MARRIAGE IS RECEIVED BY THE COURT WITH IN THAT ONE MONTH PERIOD THEN U CAN GO AHEAD WITH THE MARRIAGE.

For court marriage, you need to submit proofs of age and residence for both bride and groom. 2 passport size photographs are needed of both bride and groom.

3 witnesses are required at the TIME OF MARRIAGE

hurry up contact a lawyer and initiate the proceedings for court marriage.

thanx priya for ur feedback!!
    is it neccesry to bring her at the time of applying,i mean at the time of filing notice in the court??

Hi Nasir,

I don't have clear cut information regarding this.

I am planning to marry the girl I love. But our parents are against the marriage. Therefore I am planning for a court marriage, i know that if i applied for this they will send notice to both of our reg-office for display in notice broad but i don't wann to do it because both of our parents are well known by lot of people so if they did in the notice board then it will be a big problem so i need to do the marriage in a secret way, now am in USA so once the marriage over then i can take her with me to USA
    We don't Have enough Time To Wait
    Please Suggest Us
    thank you
    joe

hi freinds , actually i love a girl and want tomarry her. we wnt to go for court mariage can any one tell me the procedure .do we have to marry in some temple first before approaching for court. Please reply soon friends

Hi I m Tushar.I stay In Mumbai .I m in love with a muslim girl who stay in Hyderabad.We want to marry each other in mMumbai.From some of replies came to know their is resident proof to be given for court marrage.So court send any documents on given proof.I m asking cuz if something goes to girl house its difficult to marry with her.Also can muslim community accept court marrage.Please reply.

> nasir wrote:

> Sir
    I Happen To Be A Muslim Boy And In Love With A Hindu Girl.both Of Us Want To Marry,but Our Parents Are Against It. My Age Is 23 And She Is 22 Years Old.we Want To Marry At Any Cost And Through Any Legal Proccess. But On The Other Hand We Dont Want Any Police Problem.
    Plz Help Us!!
    We Have No Time To Wait Otherwise Her Parents Forcely Marry Her.
    Plz Suggest Us

Hi Nasir,
    I read ur message and i think u r very close to my problem.I m not giving u any suggestion just want help frm u.See I m hindu guy and love with a muslim girl.She stays in Hyd.and im in Mumbai.We want to marry.Just want to know that muslim community can take any objection on court marrage.I m very thankful to u if i get reply.God bless u.

sir iam 22 yrs enginering student and iam in love with the gal who is elder to me by 2 years i want o marry her but her parents dont want her t o wait for me as iam of some ot her cast shall i do court marriage and wait for t he t ime to tell parents

hi,

i want to knw,where we can register for court marriage?i mean which court in mumbai.
    Thanks

Hi !!!!
    i read above that you need residence proof of both the guy and the gal for court marriage...but in case that the two stay in different cities, can they marry at a place with residence proof of two different places??? i mean if they are staying apart for some reason can they get married at a place where the boy lives or the girl lives???
    can anyone please help me out?
    :)

hi
    i am sunny and i am in love with a girl but our parents are not interested for our marriage since the girl is elder than me. iam of 22 and she is of 27 so we decide to go for court marriage. Can anybody pls help us and tell us a way for court marriage.
    thank u

hi, myself anjali, i m in love with manish, he is going to pune for doing M.B.A for 2 years, n for safety purpose we want to do marriage in court, but we dont want to submit our residence address for proof in court, so how can we apply for court marriage, we have only one month time with us. if any one knows that residence proof is not necessary for court marriage plz tell us, plzz help us

HI .....
    I am planning to marry the girl I love. But our parents are against the marriage. Therefore I am planning for a court marriage, i know that if i applied for this they will send notice to both of our reg-office for display in notice broad but i don't wann to do it because both of our parents are well known by lot of people so if they did in the notice board then it will be a big problem so i need to do the marriage in a secret way,
    We don't Have enough Time To Wait..We have only 2 days in hand. otherwise her parents forcebly get her marry with her Mother's Brother's son.
    Please Suggest Us
    thank you
    Nilakantha

Hi,

I m in love with a girl n v r planing to do a court marriage so i need some query

1. when we submit our documents at the court will they come for verification??/
    2. when submitting the documents is it compulsory to take my girl thr or i can alone submit the documents n take her at the time of marriage date.
    3. and plzzzzzzzzz can any1 tell me whr shld i go i live iin hyderabad i mean whrz the office?/
    4. n my age is 22 and she is 19 r v eligable???

plz need answer urgennty i dnt have time

thank u

can anybody tell me where is the court register marriage office in PUNE

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed