+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Request for suggestions with regards to lost passport

Hi all,

I have lost my passport on Sepetember 21 2003 and I have informed it to the nearest Police station on that day itself...However they have given me a receipt stating that I lost on that day however I have informed to them on 09-10-2003 and I have received this receipt on 10-10-2003 stating that...My passport is lost and reason...Ignorace that he didn't inform to us immediately...All possible efforts were made to trace the lost passport however Havent been able to trace ...

I remember the passport no. the issue date and the expiry date and I even have the xerox copy of passport cover however I dont have the first four pages and last four pages of the lost passport xerox...

This lost passport is about to expire in the last week of August 2010...

Are the above things sufficient for me to make a request for duplicate passport along with the affidavit... I am in a dilemma whether I would be issued a duplicate passport or not.

I havent informed it to the Passport office till now by meeting them officially...However I have send an e-mail to the regional passport officer E-mail address somewhere in mid 2006 stating My details and passport lost details...

List of documents which I can provide...

A receipt from the police station as mentioned above(However passport rules say we should Provide FIR Copy)

No photocopies of first and last four pages of the lost passport.

Affidavit is a general thing so I can provide...

Could some one please advice me regarding the above mentioned query...

Thanks all in advance for your valuable suggestions...

mks_santosh,

What r u doing man.. Playing with ur genuineness or what...
    U lost ur passport in Sept. 2003 and then from then u are without passport... You reported to the police immediately but y didn't u informed the Passport office at that time...
    U waited 3 yrs to report to them and now u want to have a duplicate passport...

Anyhow ur passport is going to be expired in 2010 so ask the passport office what u have to do...
    And I hope u have all the receipt and all documents stating that u lost ur passport that time...

Wait till your passport expires and apply for a fresh passport..You can also check with the passport office but as far as I know you can ask for re-issue etc in case of lost passport upto 3years only... so its better to apply for a fresh one..

Cheers

Hi all,

I wasnt aware that I should inform that issue to the passport office, indeed when I have lost the passport I have visited the passport office(Hoping that I would get some duplicate passport easily) and asked the person who sells the application form about this and he informed me that regarding a lost passport I need to apply for a duplicate passport and not a new passport or else I would be Booked under a case...

So I wasnt aware I should inform it to the passport officer...

One more thing which I want be clear here is even in mid 2006 I have informed the passport officer through an e-mail and not personally..so would that be taken into consideration...

Please Advice me...

> mks_santosh wrote:

> Hi all,

I wasnt aware that I should inform that issue to the passport office, indeed when I have lost the passport I have visited the passport office(Hoping that I would get some duplicate passport easily) and asked the person who sells the application form about this and he informed me that regarding a lost passport I need to apply for a duplicate passport and not a new passport or else I would be Booked under a case...

So I wasnt aware I should inform it to the passport officer...

One more thing which I want be clear here is even in mid 2006 I have informed the passport officer through an e-mail and not personally..so would that be taken into consideration...

Please Advice me...

I may need the passport after the start of the new year so I can't wait for 7 more months (Excluding January)..7 months would be like 7 years for me as I may get a long cherished Oppurtunity soon...

If you have the receipt acknowledging that you have filed a FIR in the police station take that with you and go and apply for a fresh or duplicate passport based on what they suggest at the passport office...You can also check out the tatkal scheme and ou will get it with in a week...

Cheers

Hi rada,

There is no where mentioned in the receipt or acknowledgement saying that it is FIR(First Information report) it says that I havent informed them immediately...However instead of their repeated efforts they are unable to trace the lost passport...

So would that receipt suffice for applying a new passport...

I dont have the Photocopies of the first and last four pages of the passport too...

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Travelling Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed