+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Lost Passport

I lost my passport so i want to get duplicate passport under Tatkal scheme(within 1-7 days).For this purpose required to carry Original FIR Copy?But what is exactly mean by Original FIR?I went to nearest police station for this FIR copy purpose....but they said they don't give FIR copy,they had given only some certificate.In that certificate they wrote(Sincere efforts were made to trace out the missing the above passport,but in vain.It was not tracing near furure).

Please tell me anyone it is equal to Original FIR copy?
    If its not equal please tell me the steps how to get Original FIR Copy?

In my case need to get new passport very urgently for my career purpose,so please reply as early as possible.

Thanks in Advance

Sravanthi

sravanthi,

Y don't u go to the passport office and check with them...
    It will surely reduce trouble and misleading u to anything else...

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for your reply.
    I have one more question,please give me the answer.
    I heard now no Tatkal Scheme available for getting Duplicate Passport within 1-7 days from Passport Agent.And lalso he said it getting duplicte passport will take 45 days and total fees is 4500/-

Please tell me whether the aove news is correct or not.
    If it is correct pls tell me some other alternate way to getting duplicate passport within 1-7 days.Passport is very urgent for me because i got very good oppertunity to go to abroad thru my company.

Thanks in Advance

Sravanthi

Hi Sravanthi,

Below are the websites of the Passport Office in Hyderabad and gives you complete information regarding obtaining a Passport etc. The second weblink relates to obtaining a passport on Tatkal scheme which includes getting a passport that is lost or damged and the cost is 5000 INR. Details are clearly given in the wbesite.

[url]http://www.ap.nic.in/passport/[/url]

[url]https://passport.gov.in/cpv/TatkalScheme.htm[/url]

Reg Original FIR Copy, when you first went to the Police Station and filed a written complaint about your missing passport, the Police Officer would have recorded your complaint and ackonwledged the same and would have handed over a copy of your complaint to you with the Police Station Seal etc. That is called the FIR. For more information, please refer to the link below. Once you have filed the FIR, after 30 days the Police would have given you a letter stating that the missing document could not be traced. You would have to submit the FIR Copy and the non traceable letter given by the Police along with your application to the Passport office. I hope this helps.

[url]http://www.virtualpune.com/citizen-centre/html/file-fir.shtml[/url]

Regards, Sanjay

> [email]sravanthi.gvl@gmail.com[/email] wrote:

> I lost my passport so i want to get duplicate passport under Tatkal scheme(within 1-7 days).For this purpose required to carry Original FIR Copy?But what is exactly mean by Original FIR?I went to nearest police station for this FIR copy purpose....but they said they don't give FIR copy,they had given only some certificate.In that certificate they wrote(Sincere efforts were made to trace out the missing the above passport,but in vain.It was not tracing near furure).

Please tell me anyone it is equal to Original FIR copy?
    If its not equal please tell me the steps how to get Original FIR Copy?

In my case need to get new passport very urgently for my career purpose,so please reply as early as possible.

Thanks in Advance

Sravanthi

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Travelling Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed