+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Is raw buffalo milk safe for 8 months old baby?

Hi .. me again
    I've feeded my son raw buffalo milk continuously for 2 days (early hours in the morning) .. can somebody tell me is it harmful as my son has strated vomiting the regular diet that I give him and also nasty cough and cold... Please suggest me the remedy to bring him back to normalcy. He is 8 months old

raw milk is usually considered unsafe even for adults because of the sanitary conditions under which the animals are kept. milk is considered safe for drinking only after filtering and pasteurizing it.

i would suggest getting the advice and consultation of the family doctor for the baby. meanwhile, give him little quantities of ORS (like electral, or just some slightly salted and sweetened water) at regular intervals to keep him hydrated.

hope this helps.

hi Shilpa,

As Angel rightly mentioned, raw milk is not good for the baby as well as for adults. You may follow the diet advice I had given in my earlier post. For Cough and cold, try these simple home remedies as per the link below. Your baby will be fine. No serious medication is required.

[url]http://www.indiaparenting.com/babyhealth/data/bhealth014_01.shtml[/url]

Sanjay :)

> ShilpaShlok wrote:

> Hi .. me again
    I've feeded my son raw buffalo milk continuously for 2 days (early hours in the morning) .. can somebody tell me is it harmful as my son has strated vomiting the regular diet that I give him and also nasty cough and cold... Please suggest me the remedy to bring him back to normalcy. He is 8 months old

Shilpa,

You need to understand that youa re not allowed to experiment on your baby..

Stop giving him raw milk....

Boiled and cooled and diluted as buffalo milk is difficult to digest would be better but not now.. Once he's started eting and is settled try again...

Cow milk or soy milk is a better choice for babies...

Never give raw milk....

I wouldn't recommend any of the tetrapacked ones either as they are very thick...

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Infants & Baby Care
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed