+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Registered Love Marriage

let me thank all the wonderful people who have made a one stop repository on marriage. i am a newbie here and desperately looking for some suggestion...well my future could be dependent on some on your inputs.

me 28 yrs basically a resident of hyd working in bangalore for the past 5 years. the girl (22) is from hyd as well. i am planning to go for a registered marriage as the girl has issues with her parents.

1) what is the process for registered marriage?
    2) what are the relevant documents for the same?
    3) do i need to book any slots for the same, if yes how many days before? and once i finish the registered marriage how many days does it take for to get the certificate.
    4) is it specific state-wise or the same everywhere?

i have plans to travel to abroad with the girl once we are married as there is threat from her family members.

5) can a legal attorney represent me in any court/ police station/ press to get legal help/ protection in case i get resistance from the girls family?

please feel free to let me know abt any other legal way which does have a quick turnaround time and solves my issue (apart from the suggestion to leave the girl ;)

thanks in advance folks and a pleasure to see u all.
    byee

Hearty Welcome To Sukh Dukh Forum Suresh!

Do register marriage only if you feel that you both are best &compatible pair, coz there are huge consequences if you lack in them....

1) What is the process for registered marriage?

Answer:- Go to the nearest register office with 2 witnesses, fill the relevant application form and submit it with below shared documents.

2) What are the relevant documents for the same?

Answer:- Documents:-

• Passport Size Photographs of both parties
    •
    Date Of Birth Proof Of Both Parties (Municipal Corporation Certificate, 10th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.

• Residential Proof Of Both Parties: - Voter Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License / Lease Deed / Rent Deed /Bank Passbook.

• If Any Party Is Widow / Widower – Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
    •
    If party is divorcee:-– Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.

• Two Witnesses For Both Parties :- Both should be major.

• If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address - No Impediment Certificate /Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party /NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.

3) Do I need to book any slots for the same, if yes how many days before? And once I finish the registered marriage how many days does it take for to get the certificate.

Answer:- No slots required, and it takes 1 month time for gaining marriage registration certificate.

5) Can a legal attorney represent me in any court/ police station/ press to get legal help/ protection in case I get resistance from the girl’s family?

Answer:- Yes, off course!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed