Thread: Registered Love Marriage
let me thank all the wonderful people who have made a one stop repository on marriage. i am a newbie here and desperately looking for some suggestion...well my future could be dependent on some on your inputs.
me 28 yrs basically a resident of hyd working in bangalore for the past 5 years. the girl (22) is from hyd as well. i am planning to go for a registered marriage as the girl has issues with her parents.
1) what is the process for registered marriage?
2) what are the relevant documents for the same?
3) do i need to book any slots for the same, if yes how many days before? and once i finish the registered marriage how many days does it take for to get the certificate.
4) is it specific state-wise or the same everywhere?
i have plans to travel to abroad with the girl once we are married as there is threat from her family members.
5) can a legal attorney represent me in any court/ police station/ press to get legal help/ protection in case i get resistance from the girls family?
please feel free to let me know abt any other legal way which does have a quick turnaround time and solves my issue (apart from the suggestion to leave the girl ;)
thanks in advance folks and a pleasure to see u all.
Hearty Welcome To Sukh Dukh Forum Suresh!
Do register marriage only if you feel that you both are best &compatible pair, coz there are huge consequences if you lack in them....
1) What is the process for registered marriage?
Answer:- Go to the nearest register office with 2 witnesses, fill the relevant application form and submit it with below shared documents.
2) What are the relevant documents for the same?
Passport Size Photographs of both parties
Date Of Birth Proof Of Both Parties (Municipal Corporation Certificate, 10th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
Residential Proof Of Both Parties: - Voter Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License / Lease Deed / Rent Deed /Bank Passbook.
If Any Party Is Widow / Widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
If party is divorcee:- Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
Two Witnesses For Both Parties :- Both should be major.
If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address - No Impediment Certificate /Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party /NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
3) Do I need to book any slots for the same, if yes how many days before? And once I finish the registered marriage how many days does it take for to get the certificate.
Answer:- No slots required, and it takes 1 month time for gaining marriage registration certificate.
5) Can a legal attorney represent me in any court/ police station/ press to get legal help/ protection in case I get resistance from the girls family?
Answer:- Yes, off course!