+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: In love with a girl from India!

Hello everyone!

My name is Johan and Im from sweden. I need some advice. I study in Sweden and a girl in my class is from India. She came to study in Sweden. At first I did not like her but after some time I realized that she is simply the most amazing girl I ever met. She is not like swe or European girls. She is very smart, trustable, sophisticated, kind and warm hearted. Simply the best girl I ever met! Some time ago I told her how I felt about her but she said no. We concluded that we should be freinds. Actually we are now very close freinds. I managed to hide my emotions from myself for a while, but now they came back and are very big. She is simply the biggest love I ever had. I think that she does not see any faults in me but that it might be a cultural thing and that she wants to focus on her studies. Maby she is simply not ready for love. This whole sistuation is very strange. A year ago I did not think I was able to love a person outside Europe. You all problably wonder what my intentions are. Well I love her so I really want to spend my life with her. I can skip the sex thing untill after marrige (note that this is very uncommon in europe).

The reason for posting here is that I have some questions:

1.Should I give up? She has alredy said no.

2.In general does girls from India prefer a man from India?

3. Do ppl from India belive that there will be cultural issues if they marry for example an Europeean?

4.Does anyone have any tips how I should handle this situation in general?

Best regards

Johan

First & foremost.... what kind of classes are these Johan???

Both study at university, engineering.

> Swe wrote:

> Both study at university, engineering.

hi,
    its important when will u both finish ur engineering and what r her plans after that !!

I appreciate your honesty and your willingness to avoid the sex part before the marriage.

I don't have any advice for you but all i wanna say is YOUR love seems very true.

All the very best.

> Swe wrote:

> Hello everyone!
    My name is Johan and Im from sweden. I need some advice.
    1.Should I give up? She has alredy said no.
    2.In general does girls from India prefer a man from India?
    3. Do ppl from India belive that there will be cultural issues if they marry for example an Europeean?
    4.Does anyone have any tips how I should handle this situation in general?
    Best regards
    Johan
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hi Swe,

1. Don't give up so easily, if you really want to be close to her.

2. Not necessarily, It all depends on the person who the girls fall for. However, if she is from a conservative family she might be under pressure from her family to marry within her caste / religion. So that could be one reason why she is refusing your advances.

3. There will be obvious cultural differences as you are a European and she is Asian. But these issues are not impossible to tackle as people live in a global society these days.

4. I think you should let her know your feelings once again and ask her to consider them before rejecting them outright. Give her some time to mull over them. Any next step will depend on her response. In general, be her friend if she refuses any serious relationship. Don't pester her, just be her friend. Maybe she will realize what a nice person you are and would want to be more then a friend to you.

Good luck.

> Bhavs wrote:

> > Swe wrote:

> Both study at university, engineering.

hi,
    its important when will u both finish ur engineering and what r her plans after that !!

ok. Both have 1 year left. I dont know what her plans are after that. Mb working or going home to India. I dont know. But I do know that I want her to change her mind :(

Thank you averyone for all the answers above!

Choose another becz Love Happens Many Time

hey u can find some advice from here johan [url]http://datingsinglegirl.blogspot.com/[/url]

Hello Johan!

These are my answers for your query, check out!

1. Should I give up? She has already said no.
    Answer:- If you love her truly, donít ever give up until u work hard till utmost level to obtain her

2. In general does a girl from India prefer a man from India?
    Answer:- Yes, Off course! That gives superior comfort

3. Do ppl from India believe that there will be cultural issues if they marry for example a European?
    Answer: - Current people who is doing inter caste, inter religion, abroad marriage will know what consequences they will have to face in future.

4. Does anyone have any tips how I should handle this situation in general?
    Answer: - Be Polite, Behave Decent, Speak Gentle & Be Adjustable.

Thumbs up Llove conquers the world.

Dear Johan,
    Indian women are raised with the notion, to focus on school and work, everything else like falls in place later like husband, kids and happy family. Dating in India is like friendship in western countries where you go to dinner, movies, share your books you like, share views, problems and solution about your life. Indian women can be slow in relationship, they do not like to say "I love you" in first few weeks of relationship.

How to win her heart- Indian women is just like any other women where you have to take interest in her background. Ask her which part of India is she from? India is culturally diverse and has different kinds of food, clothes, the way people look from north to south. Make her favorite food someday. Learn to make chai, pretty easy, just look up on youtube, serve her chai in the morning breakfast. Help her out with school and assignment, might be something simple. Take part in bollywood nite and dance parties, encourage her wear saree's and you can buy a kurta pajama(traditional indian clothes for males) which is pretty cheap and you guys can go as a couple. Remember to celebrate Indian festivals, holi(playing with colors and water), Diwali the festival of lights. You can visit nearest college or large group of indians where they often celebrate these social events. Watch bollywood movies together(Netflix). Make comfortable, make her feel special(old school romance) but not push her.

She said no--> Most Indian women do not say yes at the first time, bcos they think men just say i love you have fun in relationship breakup and walk away. She want to see how far do you really like her and can stand besides her. She thinks if you really like her, you will keep more patience and keep liking her even after she tries to ignore you.

Do Indian women prefer Indian man--> Most Indian women do prefer Indian man, bcos its more of a convenient, but today's modern Indian women can go with whoever makes them happy.

Cultural Issues- India is getting westernized rapidly. Love marriages are getting more and more common specially in cities. With facebook, twitter and youtube believe it or not, world is changing fast. If you guys get married, there will be bit cultural clashes, it all depends on how traditional her parents are and how you take it forward. Nowadays parents ask you if you like someone, specially women as you are approaching 30's. I think with proper communication you can sort out things.

Fornication or premartial sex in relationship- Even though both are bit taboo in indian society, you can take things slow. Like valentines day coming up, you bring her sweet and simple gifts and give her or ask her for a soft kiss. Slowly she will get used to it. Depending upon you guy comfort level in relationship you can take it forward.

Things not to do- Indian women are not big into PDA, so take it slow, specially in front of her Indian friends and family. If her parents ever try to come to Sweden, do not expect her to introduce you to her parents right a way. Some traditional parents can be stubborn, let her decide when to introduce you. You can always introduce her to your parents as girlfriend and take her on dinner to your parents home.

If you have come forward so far being close to her, take some more time, may be 8 months to a yr, may be she will start liking you too. Nothing wrong in trying. If it workout go ahead and get married if not move on, nothing to loose.

Goodluck!

Hey johan,

Love is a part of life; almost all of them experience this feeling. If you love her from the bottom of the heart, you would have had all these question in your mind. So itís your personal life make a wise decision.

Hey Prakash,

Thanks for writing excellent description on Love and compatibility!

I hope this portrayal not only help Johanís issue, but also for people who are facing difficulties in relation problem due to ego & wobbly mindÖÖ..

Hey, I know this is not very thing to do, it is best for you to find someone else. because she has every rights to decide what she wants in her life, we cannot force anyone to do something that you want them to do. Just leave her alone for few days, if she feels the same ways as you do. She will come back to you.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed