+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: My interview in SAP Labs,Blore...worried if i will be selected or not!

On saturday morning about 120 candidates came for the selection process. The criteria was already high at 70% in BE ,12th and 10th.
    After the first written round ,about 45-50 students were shortlisted for the next round.

Then we had our interviews , which lasted for half hour.Some of them had only one interview(only technical) and the remaining ,including me ,had a second interview (managerial round....basic stuff,puzzles).Initially I thought this was the HR round.
    Turns out those who had only one interview were not called for further process...and I dunno how many of those who had two interviews were called , but I think most or maybe all of them could've have got the call.Still I'm guessing that the number is between 25-30 at max.Two of my friends had only one round and none of them were called further. So I am guessing that technical round was a filteration round.

Anyway, the hr guy said in the call that he has emailed a form which I have to fill up and send back.The form had info like name,address,marks etc..This is a positive sign,I hope... as they wouldn't have asked for details unless I was in serious consideration. After I had filled and emailed him the form back, the next day I got the call informing about my HR interview.
    Detail about my HR interview:

It went for 17 mins...
    He asked to gimme my intro...my strength.....what do u know about sap....

then he asked that in service based company u get to work for many diff platforms then why u wanna work for product based company where u will work on same platform for long time...
    i said that even thou i might work on less platforms but i will have much better hold on those platforms which is better than having half knowledge on more platforms ...

than he asked me what do u know about sap erp.... on my Tech interview i asked the same question to that interviewer so i just told today what my tech interview had told me that day.........

then he asked if if I have any future planors f MBA or MS or anything.....i said nothing because when i started B.E i always had a dream to do the work based on these course and if I do MBA, my BE degree will be void....moreover I do not think it will be any good to do MBA before getting 5-6 years of experience... ...

after that he told me that they were looking through other candidates too...if i am selected i will be notified by sat or mon (dunno what to make of it)...

then he asked my how much salary Infy will give.....i said 3.25...he asked if i have any expectations for SAP...i told him that I am looking forward to start my career with a big company like SAP so I really don't care much about the money...then tata bye bye

I don't know how many openings are there in SAP right now, but the guy who was conducting the interviews said that about 30 openings are there.So I am a bit hopeful....but the fact that they are looking through more candidates than they have planned to hire has left me worried a bit!! Just keeping my fingers crossed !

What do you guys think my chances are of Making it into SAP?

Hi eggman!

I am a tehnical consultant in SAP and have 4 years of experience....I have even cleared the SAP LABS interview...but i didnt join it because of location issues...

Yes, SAP LABS have typically a 3 round interview, 2 rounds of technical and final round of HR. HR round is more or less a formality if you are able to clear first 2 rounds....

I went through your posts and the way they asked you questions looks like they may select you because they had asked similar questions to me as well :)... i think you do have a chance..lets pray now :)

About SAP i would say, if you get a chance to learn SAP.... grab the opportunity with both hands!!.... Its a wonderful software...and its like an ocean....

I think if you are selected they will train you in SAP-ABAP... and you will be a techincal consultant too!...because for functional expertise you need a domain knowledge....and since you are just a college pass out..i think they would train you in SAP-ABAP.

Let me know, if i can help you further bro!

Sameer.

It's been almost a week since my Interview. They said that my result will come by Monday by latest. However tomorrow is 'bandh', so it seems like I will have to wait one more day :(....getting super anxious now :-|

No need to be bro!

See whatever the result is, its not going to change now...whether you worry about it..lose your sleep over it... or you enjoy your life... its not going to change now...

so if by worrying about it..you are not going to gain anything...
    why to worry then? i would say dont even think about it..
    and just enjoy your life.... if you're selected... take it as a pleasant surprise...otherwise just forget it bro!

Sameer.

Hey Sameer, thanks for the replies.

I was just wondering if they reject some candidates in the Telephonic HR round?I mean, there isn't must scope to test the candidates on telephone and by asking general questions!!!But who knows?

SAP LAbs Interview

I had Interview with SAP LABS Bangalore 1 week back...Havent got the feedback yet...anyone have idea how many days nomally it will take???

Hi Prathmanu, usually MNC companies will take a time span of 1 to 2 week for their feedback. Every company will have their own rules and regulations on the profiles of each candidate. So, wait for another one week, have patience and if u don’t get any feedback it is understood that you’re not up to their mark.

ALL THE BEST!!!

Unhappy

I too had an interview at SAP one week back, it was a technical interview after which they asked me to wait for HR. Later they told me HR has left for the day, she'll get back to you. I called the HR after waiting for a few days and she said she'll check the status and get back and that was 3 days ago. I'm worried now. Should I still expect them to get back to me?

Yup!!! Hope for the best!!
    if you had performed well, damn sure ul get a call back for HR OR SALARY discussion round.

Hey don’t lose your hope buddies, hope for the best and prepare for the worst
    May God bless you all guys!!
    Best of Luck!!

[QUOTE=prathmanu;236315]I had Interview with SAP LABS Bangalore 1 week back...Havent got the feedback yet...anyone have idea how many days nomally it will take???[/QUOTE]

"Did you get call from them?" If so, how many days it took and what are the rounds you attended?"

hey Man simple you are going to train in best technologies. Don't lose your hope. SAP have bright future. U are going to get around 4-5 lakh packages . So let's hope for the best@!@!

Hello Dear,

Please cheer up.. All izz well.. Keep your finger crossed as i would like to tell that it takes 2 or 3 weeks of time and also 1 month for the feedback. So i would liek to tell that, be normal and accept the result if its good or bad doesn't matter. In out life we have been gifted many ways to treach the success and we should know to utilize them.... So be cool and wait for it.

SAP telephonic Interview

hello friends can any please help what are the thing shud i prepare for SAP LAB HR telephonic interview..... please help

Thumbs up

Firstly you must learn tips to tackle phone interview, the following are as such basic instructions:-
    1. Firstly stay in a calm place.
    2. Turn call-waiting off.
    3. Have a pen and paper handy for note taking.
    4. Keep Glass of water aside.
    5. Don't smoke, eat, chew or drink while you’re in a call.
    6. Make your voice polite and audible.
    7. Take a moment to think about the question and then respond.
    8. Make use of Web access for speedy workouts.

The Basic SAP questions raised by SAP HR are:-
    • What is Date Modifier?
    • What is period parameter?
    • How many types of reports exist in SAP HR?
    • Explain the Enterprise Structure?
    • Explain the concept of “Business Content” in SAP Business Information Warehouse?
    • Explain open SQL vs native SQL?

GOOD LUCK!!

hi,..
    I will apply and discuss about the SAP technology refers in detail about the more information about the interview..... please help

@ All,

Thanx a zillion to my friends over here for helping with such a wonderful information on the interview, it was so helpful for.. Thank u thanku so very much!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Jobs & Career
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed