+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Study in Germany

hiiiii chris......... can u help me out in this
    i am pursuing my 3rd b-tech mechanical in india in kits college(warangal). i am planning to study m.s in germany.....
    i need some details.....
    what are the universities offering m.s
    what should be the minimum % of b-tech to get in good university and to get scholarships.
    what is the cost of living in germany
    what exams should we attempt and what should be the minimum score

i have read the opinion of zeldar about germany is it true?............

Regards...
    Pruthvi

hi ppl,

Im hari.. presently im doing my IIIyr engineering in computer science. Im much interested in doing M.S in germany. so, please guide me..

1.Is the decision good?
    2.Im having more dan 80% aggregate. Can i get a good university in germany??
    3.what are the basic requirements for getting admission over there?
    4.Is there any necessary entrances to be taken over???

please help me with all the informations, so that i can decide on your valuable information..

please do the favour,
    thanking you in advance,
    hari

Hello Pruthvi & Hari,

For academically-minded and research-oriented students Germany is certainly an excellent place to pursue an advanced degree in engineering. You should have a GPA above 70% and good IELTS / TOEFL scores. Some programmes also require GRE scores and / or basic German language skills. A few institutions ask for GATE results.

At whatever public university you study in Germany, you study on a government scholarship because tuition fees are only nominal (on overage per year 1,300 EUR in West and 300 EUR in East Germany). Most of your educational expenses will be covered by the German taxpayer - please remember that. For your living expenses you need around 7,000 EUR per year. If you are aiming at a full scholarship (including living expenses), you should look at multinational EU programmes. To be eligible for a full scholarship you need a GPA above 80%.

If you need details of individual programmes and institutions, please contact me at [email]germanstudycentre@gmail.com[/email].

Chris

hello chris,

Thanks a lot for your good information. I'm having hope that ill be getting good education in Germany.
    So, is it a must to take some exams like TOEFL/IELTS/GRE to add some value to our profile?
    Many says that the education in Germany is free of cost, except for the living expense. Is this true?
    Also i came to read in some post that, they mentioned that the job opportunities ion Germany after the graduation is very less and people studying there, tends to return back to their home country after they finish. Is this a true information?

Please provide the details about the institutes and their individual programmes offered in Germany..

thanking in advance,

hari

Hello Hariprad,

The notion that university education is "completely free" in Germany is a myth very much cherished by many Indians, although it has never been true. There have always been administrative fees in the range of a few hundred EUR a year. Recently, most federal states in West Germany have additionally introduced very moderate tuition fees of app. 1,000 EUR per year. In East Germany you can still study and pay only administrative fees.

Most Indians I know who have gone to Germany and successfully completed their degrees there have not returned to India without at least working for a couple of years there. Many - after some time - are moving on to other countries like the US or Canada, where life is a bit easier for English-speaking people.

Germany today has one of the most generous immigration policies that you can find anywhere in the West. All non-EU foreigners who graduate from a German university are entitled to an extendable five-year work and residence permit. Whereas in most other countries they need to have found a job before their student visa expires, foreigners in Germany are given an extra year just to look around for suitable employment.

For more information on living and studying in Germany, please visit our website at [url]www.studienzentrum.de.be[/url]. It is fully in English, so don't hesitate to take a look.

Chris

hey ,
    i m doin BE in petroleum from NED university KArachi.I want to do masters in petroleum.I need to know whether German universities offer petroleum courses for Masters?
    I am learning german language and i want to ask that whether it will be plus point for me in applying Visa for Germany??
    Do i need to give GRE ,TOEFL etc??

Hello,

Yes, Germany offers an English-taught course in your field. Having basic German language skills will be an added advantage for your application. You also need IELTS or TOEFL.

hello chris
    i wanted to know how much financial capacity should i display to get into germany as a student? i. e. to get a germany student visa how much money should i show in my account?? and is it necessary to write both TOEFL and IELTS ?? or anyone of them would suffice???...if one of them would suffice , then which one ?? TOEFL or IELTS??

Hello Rohit,

You need to show a minimum of Rs. 5 lakhs. This is for your first year's expenses (fees and living). Either IELTS or TOEFL will do. Which one you choose, is up to you.

Chris

I am Mr. Satyabhusan Mishra, working as SENIOR TECHNICAL ASST. on a project at Food Biochemistry division, NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION(ICMR-Govt. of India),Hyderabad.

I have keen interest in Biotechnology and its applied parts and earlier, I was working on the project at Genetic transformation lab., INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE (ICRISAT), CGIAR, Patancheru , A.P.(India) on project entitled: -“Development of insect resistance varieties of Transgenic Chickpea by Application of Genetic transformation Technique.” In GLOBAL THEME –BIOTECHNOLOGY , ICRISAT.

Having unquenchable interest in Biotechnology research area, which is
    popular, all corners of World, and My inquisitive nature keeps me in
    constant look out for answers to solve some of most complex mysteries
    created by nature so effortlessly.

I have experiences in Microbial and molecular techniques during
    training program (BCIL).

I, here by looking forward to be in an association for
    mutual growth .I know I am still in the process of understanding
    Biotechnology, But I am confident in science in my own small way.

Therefore, I humbly request you to reply abt it at earliest

Thanking you.

SincerelyYours,

Mr. Satyabhusan Mishra.
    M.Sc. (Biotechnology)

Senior Technical Assistant (Food Biochemistry)

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION (ICMR-Govt. of India)

Hyderabad.(INDIA)
    09293263863(mob)

[email]Email-satyabhusan99@gmail.com[/email]

With your profile you should check out English-taught programmes in biotechnology at German universities: excellent facilities, academic atmosphere, peaceful living and low cost!

hi....First of all thanks for sharing..its very good to study in abroad.German language in Germany will help u both for your higher studies and living in Germany...

Yes, quite right. It is actually most recommendable to study in bilingual (English / German) programmes. Job prospects upon graduation are excellent. In order to apply you need the A2 German language certificate.

For these programmes the next application deadline is 15 July (intake October 2010).

Masters in Transportation in Germany

Hello Friends,

I am keen to pursue my higher education in Germany in fields of Transportation Engineering (Particularly in Railways ).

Concerning this , I would like to ask few questions-

1.What are the colleges offering such degrees in Germany?. Are such courses only in German or can be found in English as well?.(Or bilingual )
    [B](I had done some self research and have found TU Berlin and TU Darmstadt offering such courses, But i think they are in German.)[/B]

2.Is it necessary for me to give [B]GRE, TOEFL or ILETS [/B]for admission. If the course is in German , do I still need to give above examinations or simply [B]TestDAF[/B] sufficient?.

3.What are the job prospects after such a course in Germany?. Is the employment possible in Deutsche Bahn, or it's numerous companies?.

4.How well are the chances of being funded ?. My B.E. aggregate is unfortunately low at 64.7% but I am from One of the top Engineering institutes in India.

5.How well can a knowledge of German help me. Presently I have a sound knowledge of German till A2 level (and preparing for further advance study in it).

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Abhijeet.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Study Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed