+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Racial Discrimination against Indians in England

I think that even in England where the population of Indians alone is more than 10,00000 there is still a lot of racial discrimination.

Recently in London NRI Meena Sagoo,is demanding over 100,000 pounds in compensation alleging that she has been a target of discrimination and racism while at work.

Indians worldwide are giving so much to the country where they have migrated-be it Europe, America or Africa that it is time they got some respect.

Yes I agree with you. Indians have always done very well abroad in all countries. In fact today the Indian diaspora abroad is countributing for those countries.So I guess the white people should get over this attitude of always trying to humilate Indians.

I agree with you. Even personally, I too experienced such circumstances. Sometimes, we might need to think the ground reality even in our mother nation(India). I had lived in various parts of India including Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai(Madras), Pune, Mumbai(Bombay), Noida- Gurgaon - Delhi and other small villages, towns and cities. In a way, I felt that we discriminate people within our own society inside India, may be due to the feelings such as 'I am the localite' or the 'why this guy has come from xyz city to uvw city to steal our jobs' or some sort. Similary I did notice there is a much unexpressed internal hatred or discrimination of each other between North Indians and South Indians - Within the states again there is an unexpressed internal negative feelings between the religious communities and the sectarians or castes. And, I feel that we use different terminologies for the same 'racism' because we are of the similar coloured skin. Whereas during my life abroad, I did come across such bad racism because of WHITE and ASIAN discrimination but it was far far lesser and negligible than my experiences within my own India. I did analyse it from the psychology point of view.

Anyway, it is a big topic to discuss, but ultimately, racism is bad whereever or whatever form it is.

Hi,
    I am a teacher in india. I have applied for the post of Mathematics teacher in UK.
    Ofcourse there is no turning back now.The which i have read till nowalways discourage me me to the descision i have taken.
    Is there no way an indian teacher may survive in a country like UK.
    I am in nee of a teacher who is having a good experience in teaching in UK

I think it is horrible that racism should exist...more than once I have found myself arguing with friends and housemates on the matter of racial difference...they think of me as a strange person just because I don't care where people are from...and I often ask myself, why can't we all just get along?does it matter that much if my skin is white and that of my friends is not??couldn't color, nationality, religion, language and differences just belnd together?wouldn't that be just great?

I have been living in UK for the last 3 years now and I work in a call center here. Coz my accent is not British, I get a lot of people on the phone asking me in anger where the call center is?? When they hear UK as the answer,,,it just shuts them up.
    I recently had a call from someone who was very angry about her and A/c and before I could even ask her what the problem was, she starting saying things like "why do Pakistanis come to our country, why dont you sh*t go back to your own country, just leave own country alone" before I could reply to her, she hung up.
    And this is not the first time that someone has called me a "Paki"
    I asked my HR head if they could help me with this and the answer I got was "they are just ignorant, dont take it to your heart"
    but thats easier said than done.

Dear friends,
    I am new to this forum and I must respond to the subject of Racism in England.
    I have lived in England for a number of years also in Northern Ireland.Northern Ireland is part of UK for those who are not familiar with the term UK and great Britain.
    Racism does exist in all part of UK not just in England. My experience is not limited to few years but few decades. Privately they hate everything about India and Indians. They do pretend as unbiased in public.it is their nature.
    Name calling is their number one way of expressing their intolerant attitude towards any foreigner. every foreigner is referred to not by country of origin but invented names by the Racist in UK. Now it has been spread right accross the world by the help of MI5 and MI6. Indians are the main targets for abusive remarks followed by Pakistanis. Remaining coloured population does not suffer such abuses other than an odd occassions where the coloured person unwittingly crossed the line where he should not have.
    While I am at this topic of Racism let me also enlighten you of a strange phenomenon that has been going on for decades.
    Indians are randomely picked as targets for the newly recruited MI5 agents. Not many people are aware of this phenomenon, not least those unfortunate Indians who were picked.
    Those who are the Targets of the MI5 agents are subjected to name calling on a daily basis plus harrassment at every opportunity also subjected to persecution,humiliation and intimidation by the public on the behest of the MI5 agents. These are the daily occurances. Those who are unaware find themselves in emotional turmoil,confused,suffering from loss of self esteem,totally unable to manage their family life resort to alchohol or drugs thus weakening their resolve and end up pressing the self destructive button eventually. Many deaths have occured but the reason given is not that the Target's death was not due to the torment dished out by the MI5 agents but suffering from depression.What if (depression) was the cause then what or who caused it? No one will ever find the answer to that. Fighting the Intelligence service in UK through the courts would be a waste of time because the required documents from the IS will not be forth coming for decades,by then the Target will have died of natural causes.
    If any one out there who has been singled out for the above mentioned reasons, Please remember it is delberately carried out by the intelligence services of UK. Do a little bit of Private Detective work and some research.
    Now and again you will be called names by your collegues or even your employers. Very rarely though. In many cases it is sheer ignorance indeed then again you may ask how did the three year old child knew what name to call you?
    On the whole I will say, Yes, They are racists without a shadow of doubt.:-(.

In reply to the above message,

I have lived in the UK all my life (32 years) and I have never heard or read anything as absurd or ridiculous as the post from g48154. MI5 and MI6 have done a superb job over the last few difficult years with the rise of extremist views and activities in Britain and I really think that they have a lot better things to do with their time and manpower than follow random Indians around and abuse them.

I have many white and indian friends and I think that the UK is one of the most tolerant and welcoming societies in the world.

I just want to add some comments to this post.

There are racism everywhere, not just in UK or US , even in India. Don't we ever come across people saying he is southindinan, she is northindian, tamils, telegus, mallus etc. It's because we have similar skin , the height of racism dies after initial contravercy. In UK, people are usually tolert or atleast they seem to be. How can they ever forget that they ruled india for 100 years and we were literally their slaves at that time. I have experienced racism in my stay here in UK. But all you have to do is just ignore and go along with them.

One of the mbr said he is going to be a teacher in UK. Teaching profession is very different in UK compared to India. Guru are to be considered like GOD in india and in UK, they behave like a friend to you if not the students will behave badly in return. I feel this profession needs lot of patience and please don't even imagine that you are the boss and kids needs to under your control . The kids will bully you in return.

thanks

> jitesh wrote:

> I agree with you. Even personally, I too experienced such circumstances. Sometimes, we might need to think the ground reality even in our mother nation(India). I had lived in various parts of India including Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai(Madras), Pune, Mumbai(Bombay), Noida- Gurgaon - Delhi and other small villages, towns and cities. In a way, I felt that we discriminate people within our own society inside India, may be due to the feelings such as 'I am the localite' or the 'why this guy has come from xyz city to uvw city to steal our jobs' or some sort. Similary I did notice there is a much unexpressed internal hatred or discrimination of each other between North Indians and South Indians - Within the states again there is an unexpressed internal negative feelings between the religious communities and the sectarians or castes. And, I feel that we use different terminologies for the same 'racism' because we are of the similar coloured skin. Whereas during my life abroad, I did come across such bad racism because of WHITE and ASIAN discrimination but it was far far lesser and negligible than my experiences within my own India. I did analyse it from the psychology point of view.

Anyway, it is a big topic to discuss, but ultimately, racism is bad whereever or whatever form it is.

Yes, this is all true.
    We must look within ourselves sometimes, to be honest. I'm not sure if you guys might be aware of this but racial discrimination does exist widely or badly in India.

I felt the need to share about this with you.
    We are talking about racism inside india and outside india from English or white. Even we indians treat our own people differntly than to whites. ONe good example is, go the indian embassy in london. Apart from getting the taste of indian govt office in UK,the employees there treat you indian differently and the foreigners differntly. Why? My friend who went to get a POI card came home distressed. Ofcourse this is another issue but wanted to share this with you all.

Sre

Its ok if remarks are making and u ignore them but what if someone become the target – and- disciplinary action taken against them. I lost my job when I was targeted. I am honest, innocent and hardworking person. They used to call me ginger and light brown small bread so on…….but I was determined not to leave my job coz of these stupid remarks then they came to know that I am strong they found another way to kick me out. Here I am not going to mention nitty gritty but in substance each day was hell.

Its ok if remarks are made and u ignore them but what if someone become the target – and- disciplinary action taken against them. I lost my job when I was targeted. I am honest, innocent and hardworking person. They used to call me ginger and light brown small bread so on…….but I was determined not to leave my job coz of these stupid remarks then they came to know that I am strong they found another way to kick me out. Here I am not going to mention nitty gritty but in substance each day was hell.

Hi friends

NRIs settled in any parts of the world and contributing in their development, Still they are facing discrimination in various form from the locals, whether it is USA, UK, FIJI or any part of the world. Perhaps they are afraid of hard and intelligent working Indians.

But one question arises in my mind why these intelligent NRIs are there and bearing discrimination. They should come back and use their expertise in the development of homeland. They have to choose one thing either they should earn Dollar, Euro, Pounds etc or they should earn sufficient Indian rupees and live with self respect ( Sar Utha Ke Jiyo). Now a days there is ample opportunity in India to work or start ur own company.
    Post liberalisation west is looking towards India but Indians are looking towards east and complain about discrimination.
    If they are really facing problem why to stay there................

bye (6)

Well I agree with Javed whatever he says is true and correct. But What I have seen is that normally we have been also suffering in India all this. I have been suffering always discrimination in India, in fact the home town where I was born. I guess we human beings are the same all over the world. Even when another baby is born in the family, the younger kid gets jealous form the new born baby thinking that now mother doesnt love him at all. And then hates the baby or tries to create hatred and obstacles for the younger one.

We are hard workers and no doubts people get jealous. What I feel is that in India ur right about the Sar Utha ke Jiyo. But problem is the system and the government. Thats why the Indians who live abroad dont want to go back. I prefer staying in Europe rather than staying in India. Our biggest fear is electricity and transport problem. Then another hurdle is corruption and when it comes to documents its the worst night mare. I have seen with my own eyes on my last visit in India. The officers in the passport office throw files at your face. They dont want to work and thats not racism or discrimination, but thats what I call is humilation. I have never felt humilated in my past 7 years in Europe. But in India I went once in 2005 and now in 2007 and both the time I was just ashamed. Even a Chaprasi doesnt know how to pay respect. So I think thats why Indians abroad prefer Dollars pounds or euros. My Indian bro Javed says that Now a days there is ample opportunity in India to work or start ur own company. But thats all bull shit. Its right that there is more money and growth in India now but only for the people who already had the money. In fact the rich people are getting more rich. The middle class has got some more facilities and the poor, no one wants to even talk about them in India.

Actually the NRI´s are not complaining. but they are just discussing about their daily lives. if they were unhappy they all would go back to India. Right deep in the heart they know that still they are better out rather than living in India. I could write a book on all this, eheheh but its of no use. We are human beings and this will remain always all over the world. Atleast thank God that no one is killing poeple right now like its happening in South Africa. So we need to bear all this in this Mystic world. I hope I didnt hurt anybody´s feelings. If I did so I am sorry.

God Bless U all
    Glen
    :)

im no racist, but is hard to live with no educated and smelling people beside, you stink because eat curry and its very difficult to manage, yes, better stay in india...

It's true Indians smell curry but u guys smell shit :(.. We made u rich u poorass. U came to our country to earn money n then stayed there for good. We'r tolerant to u for more than 100 yrs how come u can't be tolerant toward us. F*** U n remember India will overtake in a couple of yrs n those NRIs who r now 'happy being discriminate by the white ass' will soon return when they wud find the gold in our New India. (6)

Sorry but the diference is that i say you stink and live like animals because its true, and you say we smell that only because you want insult me, that is your sad truth ;)

This is childish. We're all the same. Who cares... people are people...

What is racial discrimination.Is it the color,religion or the country or state you belong to.
    Every thing is in your mind,there is nothing left in color,the important thing is th e Human values,if your respect the Human values then everybody is same to you.

Those who believe in GOD they must be aware that while giving birth HE never decides that he/she will be indian or British,child is known to be indian/british when he takes birth in that community,which HUMAN BEING has created.so you and me are nobody to decides he/she is Black or white,which GOD has created.

If you dont believe in GOD then ask your parents who has given birth to them just keep on askin to your forefather about there birth,one situation will come where nobody know from where they come,so we are all the
    CREATOR of GOD and all one.so from where comes the black,white,indian,british,americans,pakistanis etc.....

so buddy its in you head.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in NRI's World
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed