+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Apply for PIO Card

Hi...guys.....
    I am living in England since last 2 years. I want to apply for my PIO card but I don't know how to apply? Plzz tell who is eligible for PIO card? What is the validity of the PIO Card?

Dear Vicky, here are some useful tips for applying an PIO card.

Who is eligible?

"Person of Indian origin" means a foreign citizen not being a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh and other countries as may be specified by the Central Government from time to time if.
    he/she at any time held a Indian passport;
    he/she or either of his/her parents or grand parents or great grand parents was born in and permanently resident in India as defined in the Government of India Act, 1935 and other territories that became part of India thereafter provided neither was at any time a citizens of any of the aforesaid countries (as referred to in 2(b)above; or
    he/she is a spouse of a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin covered under (i) or (ii) above

How to apply?

An application for issue of a PIO Card shall be made to an Indian Mission in the country where the applicant is ordinarily resident.

What is the validity of the PIO Card?

20 years subject to the validity of the passport.
    Note: The PIO Card will be valid only when accompanied with a valid passport.

ngslbud wasnt

Hey guys,
    I am kind of confused here. Someone please suggest. Why does someone need a PIO Card when he or she has a valid Passport? I assume that passport itself acts as a proof of one’s origin and citizenship. Therefore, it is enough a proof to travel around the world. Why else should someone go for PIO card? What are the benefits? I have a passport, ration card, driving license. Do I need to apply for a PIO card in case I travel abroad?

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in NRI's World
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed