+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Hotel Sahara Star Mumbai Review

hi friends!
    Last month i was in Mumbai. I had told the organizers of my trip to book a nice hotel within a range of Rs. 3000/day. They booked the Sahara Star. i was given a discount for my stay,bcoz i was there to attend a seminar. it was surprisingly excellent. Rooms are elegantly designed and the ambience of the hotel is praise worthy. All rooms are sound proof. The food is also very good. The hotel is ideally located in front of the domestic airport.
    I'll really recommend it to all business travelers.

Hi,
    I was on my business tour, last month. I decided to stay at Sahara Star. Sahara Star is a luxurious five-star hotel in the heart of the commercial capital of India. Spread over 10.5 acres, this sylvan property integrates all aspects of its operation in an environmentally sensitive manner offering luxury with responsibility. Located near the capital's business suburb of Mumbai, Sahara Star provides an ideal gateway for work and for pleasure. About 15 minutes by car (or auto-rickshaw) from the international and domestic airports, Sahara Star bills itself as Mumbai's first "eco hotel," whatever that means. Staffs are courteous and well-mannered. Each and every room was well equipped with AC and Cable TV. It is certainly a luxury hotel: large rooms, well appointed, good restaurants, and an excellent business center with high-speed computer connections. You will love its Pool, business center, restaurants, lobby bar. You can enjoy fitness center and putting greens.

I stayed two nights in the hotel.
    My first impression from WebPages had been really great. But if you are there and see it than you ask yourself why I wanted to stay here.
    In the lobby every thing was nice. Good service even when I was not used to make a deposit in a hotel class like this before.
    It took a while till my suitcase was delivered but with 30 minutes still ok.
    The room was quit humid but the aircon was helping out.
    Mirror in the room was a bit broken.
    The view from the room where great, but the smell awful. There was a lot of construction going on. The air was dusty and full of smoke.
    Also in the night was construction going on. The roof of the hotel was leaking and a lot of water came down on the walls and in the Centre. Some areas has been closed because of that. Water was in the floors and some parts of the sealing came down in some rooms, so that people had to move. Swimming pool was still under construction and not available. Also in the night they where going on with the work. So I woke several times up. The food is very good but the toilet near the buffet was awfully untidy.

In this circumstances you might think the hotel is generous but no. Our plane where leaving at 1 in the night. So there was no possibility to get breakfast. I asked to get instead of the breakfast we had to pay, something else. Like a coffee or soft drink. But no....
    So if you go to the Sahara you might be surprised of the conditions there at this time.
    Chers
    Michael

The Sahara Star! too much said about the great ambience and luxury rooms of the hotel... but infact the Sahara Pariwaar doesnt stand by the brand they are trying to build. We were a gruop of 7 friends who walked into Sahara Star on 30th Oct 2008, thats yesterday. We wanted to enter High Lounge but we were refused entry because one of our freinds was in a salwaar kameez..... are we INDIANS yet? The Sahara Group talks about bulding the Sahara India Pariwaar and then denies enrty to customers because of Indian attire and that too during diwali?? Its funny how we as Indians can be denied entry anywhere in India just because of being clad in Indian attire... Shiv Sena...MNS ...anybody listening?

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Hotels in India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed