+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Corporation of chennai birth certificate

Corporation of chennai birth certificate

Hi,
    For birth certificate in Chennai one should contact with the Respective Zonal Offices or Public information Centre. The address is given below and also the website.
    Ripon Buildings,
    Corporation of Chennai,
    Chennai- 600003.

Website - www.chennaicorporation.gov.in

The certificate can be viewed/ verified once the following details have been entered
    Registration Number
    Child Name
    Date of Birth , Place of Birth
    Name of the Father and Mother.
    This service provided by the Chennai corporation is very useful feature for all residents of Chennai. It is especially useful for people who are in different cities.

Please share more information if you come across it.

Hi,
    Well thanks for giving such important information about obtaining the birth certificate. Therefore, I have heard one thing that now there is no need to move around the offices of local administrative officers. Now these birth certificates will be available online. Not only birth certificates, community, death, nativity and solvency certificates will be available online in Tamil and English very soon. This is a step forward taken by the government of Tamilnadu in order to reduce red tapism (unnecessary paperwork). Initially people can approach the common service centers established in the Panchayats for applying for online certificates. After 1-2 months, they can log on to http://www.tn.gov.in/ and get the certificates directly. This method is really helpful and time saver.

Thumbs up

The birth certificate according to the laws is considered as an essential document that which has to be considered as one of the main residential proof. The birth certificate will hold information’s like the name of your guardian, date of birth, and your birth place, and original name of an individual. This document will be very helpful for you while applying for the passport, and for some other proofs. Your child’s name must be registered with the period of 21days. If you are planning to apply for the birth certificate online, you must follow the below mentioned procedures:
    Procedure to apply birth certificate in Chennai online
    • Go to the official website of the Chennai Corporation and the certificate must be downloaded from the website.

www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/online-civic-services/birth.htm

• After you log in to the official website you will notice your registration number and now go ahead and fill all the details, and submit.
    • Once the procedure is completed you must print and send this document to the below mentioned address:

Public information centre,
    Ripon Buildings,
    Corporation of Chennai,
    Chennai- 600 003

birth Chennai

Not all may find it suitable to go to Chennai Corporation office at time. However, you will have to do this whenever there happen a birth or death in your family. For more details, log in to:
    • http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/departments/health/registration.htm
    It is very important as they provides you with a certificate, verifying that. More than 1, 10,000 no: of Births are handled by registration office as of now per year here.

Hey thank you so much for the information’s mentioned above; actually I was too worried about the procedures to collect the birth certificate, and I never thought that it would be so easy for me, from so many days I was searching for the contact details and the official website of the Chennai corporation office and luckily I got all the contact details, and I just have to visit them and get the birth certificate of my child. Thanks guys.

I wanted a birth certificate for my granddaughter but I dint know the procedure and the ways to get it so, thanks a lot for sharing the information. Actually I thought it is very difficult procedure so thought of consulting an agent for it but now I feel I can get it done on my own. I will just visit the Chennai Corportion for more details.

During this process of acquiring a birth certificate in Chennai you need to provide the details about child’s date of birth and place. In addition even parent’s details are required to be enclosed. You need to contact the staffs of the office which is in Ripon Buildings if you want to proceed in manual process. Here at Corporation of Chennai birth certificate office you will get a form which you need to fill up. Else could enter the information through online. Here is a link to online process which is like:

http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/online-civic-services/birthCertificate.do?do=show

You need fill the information at the blank spaces and finally the number below. Unlike in print format you do not require to sign through online process.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Chennai
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed