Thread: Continental food recipe
If you love continental foods, here is the cheesecake recipes.
For the base:
200g digestive biscuits, crushed
1p0gp butter, melted
80g0 demerara sugar
For the cheesecake:
130g0 soft margarine
550g caster sugar
1100g curd cheese
80g plain flour
finely grated rind and juice of 4 lemons
8 eggs, separated
400ml double cream, lightly whipped
For the topping:
900g mixed summer fruits (strawberries, raspberries, red and blackcurrants, blackberries)
caster sugar, to taste
2 tsp arrowroot
300ml double cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3. Lightly oil a 25cm/10in loose-bottomed round cake or spring-release tin, and line with greased greaseproof paper.
2. Mix together the ingredients for the base, spread over the base of the tin and press down firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Leave to set.
3. For the cheesecake, measure the margarine, sugar, curd cheese, flour, lemon rind and juice, and egg yolks into a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Fold in the cream. Whisk the egg whites stiffly then fold into the mixture. Pour on to the biscuit crust.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for about 1½ hours or until set. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for a further 1 hour to cool. Run a knife around the edge of the tin to loosen the cheesecake and push the base up through the cake tin. Remove the side paper.
5. For the topping, cook the redcurrants, blackcurrants and blackberries in 2 tbsp of cold water, add the cooked fruit and liquid from the pan. Return to the pan, allow to thicken and then leave to cool. Stir the raspberries and strawberries into the other fruits then pile on top of the cheesecake, leveling out evenly. Decorate the edge of the cheesecake with piped or spooned whipped double cream.
Last Sunday I have prepared Continental fresh Vegetable Soup for my collegues on my birthday party. It is very easy to prepare. You need following items to make it:
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
100 g cabbage, shredded
50 g peas
50 g sweet corn (optional)
1 large onion, chopped
2 pints (1 liter) water
1 vegetable stock cube
Freshly ground black
Place all the vegetables in a large pan with the water. Cover and bring to a boil. Add the stock cube and simmer for 1 hour. Add a generous sprinkling of black pepper to taste. Allow to cool, and then place in a food processor or liquidizer on high speed
These are my favorite continental recipes given below. Take a look into it.
Marinated Eggplant (Chinese continental dish)
1/4 cup Tamari, 2 tablespoon Loosely packed cilantro, 1 tablespoon Rice wine vinegar, 1-2 garlic cloves, smashed & peeled, 1 ts Toasted sesame oil, 4 pieces (2 oz each) Chinese eggplants, 3/8 oz peeled and cut fresh ginger (1 X 1/4 piece cut Crosswise into ¼ into slices).
• Mix all the ingredients in a suitable sized blender or processor, except the eggplants and process the same till smooth.
• Put off the leaves of eggplants using a fork. Cut these in half lengthwise. On the open side of each half of eggplant, make three deep diagonal slashes in each direction. Place the eggplants skin side down in a oval dish of size13x9x2.
• Pour 1.5 teaspoons of the marinade over each eggplant half. Rub into flesh so that it runs into the cuts. Then, turn eggplants skin side up. Pour the remaining marinade into the dish. Put these aside for about 45minutes.
• Turn the eggplants skin side down. After covering tightly with microwave plastic wrap, cook over a high intensity of heat for about 10 minutes. Prick the plastic to release the steam. Remove and uncover and then, spread sauce over the eggplants. Your dish is ready to be served as a side dish.
Boneless Chicken / Breast – 250 gms Cut into 2″ strips
Soy sauce – 1tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Pepper powder – as per taste
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp for shallow fry
Bamboo Skewers ( Soak in cool water for half an hour)
Wash and pat dry the chicken breast pieces and cut into strips.
Mix the ingredients for marinade well and drop the chicken pieces in and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
When everything is ready remove chicken and skewer them onto the soaked bamboo skewers and place them on hot pan with oil for shallow fry or pan grill.
Turn them to brown on all sides,takes 10 to 15 mins altogether to fry.
Remove and serve with your fav dip as a starter or can be served as a side dish.
Easy to prepare and can enjoy when on picnics
Whole wheat flour – 1 and a 1/2 cup
Plain flour/All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Cardamom – 2 peel and powder the seeds
Baking soda – a pinch
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Egg – 1 whole
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
Salt – a pinch
Butter – for frying
Take a mixing bowl and and add all the dry ingredients except sugar and keep,in another bowl crack an egg and add sugar and milk beat well and add the dry ingredients and mix well with the whisk and keep.
Heat a pan or griddle and spread butter and pour a ladleful in three places and let cook , when this becomes bubbly and fluffy flip and cook the other side and remove .Do not cook more than once on each side,as this may make them stiff..
Stack one over the other and pour Maple syrup or golden syrup and butter and serve warm.