+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: What's the ideal weight & height for a 6-month old boy?

My son was born at 2.240kgs and 46cms in height. He was breastfed only for 15 days and thereon bottlefed as he had regurgitation problem and has gone through 3 bouts of ear infection.
    He is now 6 months old and is weighing only 6.045 kgs and is 64.50 cms in height. He is very active. He consumes about 720ml of milk in 24 hours.
    Could you please let me know what are the foods that I can give him as he does not prefer milk much and also do let me know whether I can give him fresh milk?
    thanks
    Seetha

Hi,
    At six months, anywhere between 14 and 21 pounds is considered a healthy weight for boys. (Although, five percent of healthy boys weigh less than 14 pounds and five percent of healthy boys weight more than 21 pounds). Healthy boys who are 28 inches long, whatever their age, usually weigh 16 to 22 pounds. So 17 or 18 pounds is a great weight for an active boy to be.
    You can give your baby rice cereal mixed with breast milk, peas, bananas etc.

don't worry too much about weight.if ur baby is active that itself is a very good sign.
    giving powdered or cooked plantains daily will improve weight gain.

The height is not considered if your child is healthy and active. Since your willing to know the height should be 14.4 and 21.2 lbs. Ensure to check out our Solid Food Charts for your 4-6 month old baby and your 6-8 month old baby see what foods are available for your baby.

These are the solids foods for your child and in the mean while don't stop feeding the breast milk as well. Bananas, avocado, squash, Apple, Black beans, Broccoli, Carrot, Papaya, Zucchini, Turnips, Tomato, Plum, Pineapple, Butternut squash, Melon, Broccoli, Chickpeas, Asparagus, Apricot and sweet potatoes.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Infants & Baby Care
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed