+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Procedure for new passport in place of lost/stolen passport in India

hi vijay its me varun from chandigarh.
    wanted to knw from u that under lost passport cases tatkal scheme is valid i mean can i apply for that. i need my duplicate passpost as early as possible not able to wait for that 2-3 months long process . plz do reply soon> vijay1724 wrote:

> hi friends
    i am vijay kumar.My passport was lost and i apply for new passport. the procedure for new passport is

1. first go to police station and make a complaint. they will give a report receipt which contains receipt number and experted enquiry date which represents your complaint will enter in to the police records with out receipt no. you cannot get a FIR if needed.

you go to police station again on experted date then they will give a police certificate or ur passport.
    police certificate in case of ur passport is not found any where.

2. so u got police certificte and police receipt.then go to passport office and apply for a new one

3. in tatkal basis the documentation requries

* new passport application(replacent application) both are same
    * these police certificate and receipt
    * address proof( old pport xerox)
    * educational qualification(degree or b.tech or inter etc)
    * date of birth proof(tenth marks memo)
    * two notaries one for loss of passport another for tatkal 500rs/-
    *a urgency latter for tatkal
    * total amount 2500\- for lost pp and 2500\- for tatkal fee

otherwise it ia 3500\- (not tatkal)

I have lost my passport in Bangalore. My passport no. is 78001861.(jaipur passport office) Valid from 2002 - 2012.
    Adress: VPO : dhinghsari tehseel ladnun Dictrict: Nagaur. Pin Code: 341317. Rajasthan. Date of Birth 28th dec 1985. Fathers Name Ganesh Singh. I have done F.I.R thing. now please tell me what should i do now.
    Contact no. 9590020180.
    Contact id. [email]Himmatrathor@yahoo.com[/email]

Hi,
    Dont worry,we can help you getting new pp in just 10 days of time without fail.we have very good contacts with higher authorities in pp office.for more details,plzz write at [email]mrk.global@yahoo.co.in[/email] with your pp details.

Regards,
    Kumar.

I have lost my passport(issued from madurai) in Bangalore last year. I want a new passport urgently.

Now am in Bangalore. I got FIR copy & Non Traceable certificate also from Police Station, Bangalore.

Please ans for the following questions.

1.) Wht are the docs need to submit?.

2.) I am in bangalore now. Initially i got it from madurai. Now where i have to reapply. ( madurai or in bangalore). Bangalore is not my permanent address.

3.) If it is madurai, I have to go for a day for filling the application form through online and on another day( after 1 week or 2 weeks) , i have to go and give the application form again. After police verification will come. Since am working in bangalore. It will be difficult for me.

4.) I checked in both bangalore & madurai passport offices. In bangalore they say, i have to re-apply it in my native. In madurai, they say since FIR is filled in bangalore, I have to reapply it bangalore and also they say if am going to apply in bangalore. The process will be more touch than processing it in madurai.

I am totally confused now. Please give me a good suggestion.

Thanks,
    Sujitra Ponraj.

Hi Sujitra,

From your said thing it seems that you haven't even asked any passport office worker but you have asked someone who is ur friend or colleague who doesn't know about that.

For filing the online application u don't need to go to ur place but u have to do it online thru any place.
    After that they will ask u suitable time when ever u can go thr and ask for police verification and all.
    And in ur case when u had a valid passport so i think at that time police verification was done so may be no need for now.

Second thing is if u are not applying thru ur regional passport office then it will take around double the time as the process will become lengthy and ur application will be transfered from place to place to reach ur regional office then ur native place and then back to the regional office and then back to from whr u applied.

But if u file it from ur regional office then it will be easy and less hectic.

So Go and file it from ur regional passport office.

Hi Sweta,

Thanks a lot for your information.Ok. Let me apply from my native.

Do you have the online link.

Thanks Once again.
    Sujitra Ponraj

you can check the link [url]www.passport.gov.in[/url]

Lost/Damaged Passports

My passport is lost, what do I do?

* File a report with the nearest police station. ( A full-fledged FIR is required if the passport is still valid)
    * For issue of a duplicate/replacement passport, submit Form No.1 with residential proof and copy of FIR.

(Fee applicable is Rs.2,500/-. For Tatkaal service, an additional fee of Rs. 2500/- is applicable.)

Note: In the case of lost/damaged passports, if the passport was issued by other passport offices/Missions abroad, duplicate passport will be issued after getting necessary clearance from the original Passport Issuing Authority. The validity of the new passport will be ten years from the date of issue of the new passport.

My passport is damaged. What do I do?

You will have to submit Form No. 1 with suitable Residence Proof and the damaged passport, with 2 photocopies.

(Fee applicable is Rs.2,500/-. For Tatkaal service, an additional fee of Rs. 2500/- is applicable.)

Note: In the case of lost/damaged passports, if the passport was issued by other passport offices/Missions abroad, duplicate passport will be issued after getting necessary clearance from the original Passport Issuing Authority. The validity of the new passport will be ten years from the date of issue of the new passport.

My passport was lost recently. I've applied for a duplicate passport. I want to know if the new passport will have the same number as my old passport, or a new number?

The replacement passport will have a new number, with a fresh validity of 10 years.

I recently lost my valid passport, but do not have the details. Will it be possible for the Passport Office to trace the details from your system and give them to me for filing my application for a duplicate/new passport?

We may be able to trace your passport details from our system if you send us an e-mail with the following personal details: Full name as in the lost passport; date of birth; father’s name; mother’s name; place of issue of the passport; year of issue. Please send your mail to : [email]problr@dataone.in[/email]

You need to file an FIR with the police and apply in Form-I with the previous passport details and the FIR. The fee applicable is Rs.2,500/-.

I lost my passport recently, but it had already expired. Is it required for me to apply for a new passport or should I apply for a duplicate passport or for re-issue of the expired passport ?

First of all, you are required to make a report to the nearest police station about the loss of your passport, and get an acknowledgement from them. If your passport has expired after its full term of 10 years, you may apply afresh in Form-I, disclosing details of your lost passport and attaching 2 copies of it (if available). The fee applicable is Rs.1000/-. Proof of residence in Karnataka is required, along with other documents srequired for a fresh passport.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    For more details visit
    [url]http://rpobangalore.gov.in/frm_lost_damaged.asp[/url]

hi my name is goutham. i have lost passport and i dont have its number and xerox copy.. i dont have any thing with respect to that. i stay in hyd so i went to near polic station they r telling they will not give certificate. so, now wat should i do??? please can any 1 help me..

WOULD YOU TRUST Haden Engineering Mitchell ACT. WOULD YOU TRUST Haden Engineering Mitchell ACT employ a guy, Lloyd Stephen Ganzerla who has thieved hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash plus more in goods.This thief is a home invader, burglar, robber, thug, liar and criminal. He has spent 6 months in prison at Her Majestys Prison Stuart Creek near Townsville for embezzlement (stealing money from the Federal Government).He is a well known in the Queanbeyan area as a dope (drug) dealer. His wife Belinda Jane Ganzerla is valso involed in theft with him and she is a "junkie". WOULD YOU LET EITHER OF THESE CRIMINALS -- Lloyd Stephen Ganzerla or Belinda Jane Ganzerla (nee Keuning) -- INTO YOUR HOME, BUSINESS OR PROPERTY ?
    READ MORE ABOUT THESE THIEVES HERE [url]http://austlawpublish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23[/url]

Haden Engineering Mitchell ACT employ a thief and ex prison jailbird Lloyd Stephen Ganzerla, and his thief & drug addict wife Belinda Jane Ganzerla (nee Keuning).
    This criminal swindler home invader thief employed by Haden Engineering Mitchell ACT, was locked up in jail in Her Majestys Prison Stuart Creek near Townsville North Queensland for stealing money from the Government. This thief working for Haden Engineering in Mitchell ACT robbed my wife & I of hundreds of thousands of dollars
    READ MORE ABOUT THIS FRAUDSTER THIEF CRIMINAL HADEN ENGINEERING MITCHELL ACT EMPLOYEE HERE
    Would you let these criminals into your home or property ?
    [url]http://austlawpublish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23[/url]

babukalarickel@gmail.com

issue of new / duplicate passport with in one month on lost

sir,
    I have lost my passport on 05-04-2011. As i am selected for a new job abroad, is it possible to get the passport within one month ? What are the procedures to get a new/ duplicate passport ?
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-30-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: repetetion

If you have lost passport then the first thing that you are supposed to do is to file an FIR in the police station. While applying the new passport you need to submit this FIR as a proof, then if possible submit your passport photocopy to make the work easy. Or else you are supposed to go in detail to get the passport with all the necessary documents.

Gajendra, nothing to worry. It is so as there is "Emergency Certificate". You can go for passport "Re-issue" from PSK or Passport Seva Kendra. You should also report this incident to Police Station as well as Passport Office. Mostly, for Indian Passport reissue, you have to have:
    • Present Address Proof
    • Real police complaint
    • Annexure 'L'
    • DoB Proof

At such case what you need to do instantly is to file a complaint in the police station. Just wait for some time and see whether they are enable to recover it or not. In the meantime prepare an application letter for a new passport issue due to the loss of the previous one. Keep all your documents ready to produce it at the time of the re-issue for a new passport. You need to submit all these to the concerned person in the passport office for the re-issue of a new passport if the police unable to recover your lost one. There will be certain inquiry regarding the reason of passport which you need brief on.

my name is raj

My passport has been Lost so i register Fir in police station but police is not register of FIR so in this situation what can i do
    Last edited by rajkumar.105; 08-07-2012 at 06:43 PM.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Travelling Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed