+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Food for 1 year old indian baby

Food for 1 year old indian baby

Hello All,

I have 1 year old baby. I'm confused with regard to his diet. Kindly list me the items which my wife can give to my child. My baby's digestive system is still very delicate and I need to make sure that my child gets the best nutrition. A question may arise in your mind I could have consulted a doctor. I have done that actually, he says you can give everything. I want the experienced mom to answer my question.

Please do the needful!!

Hi,

I'm a mother of 2 children. Whatever the answer I suggest you was true as my baby's digestive system is very delicate i have to be very cautious but at the same time very innovative in making good nutrition ed food.

So please always make sure you give vegetables as much as possible. Ill share a link which gives you an idea.

http://allygeorge.wordpress.com/category/baby-food-recipes/indian-baby-food-recipes/

Wink advise

As long as your baby is gaining weight steadily, he is likely getting enough to eat. Your pediatrician will monitor babyís weight gain at regular check ups. During the first year of life, your baby will likely gain weight at a fairly rapid pace. There is a great deal of variation in weight gain, however, depending on your babyís body type and genetic predisposition towards being a smaller or larger person. A small baby may gain weight more slowly or gain smaller amounts of weight each month, but as long as the gain stays within a normal range and the baby stays on his growth curve, there is no cause for worry.

For new moms who just canít stand waiting in between check ups to keep tabs on babyís weight, most pediatric offices will arrange simple weight checks, where you can bring the baby in and have a nurse check his weight. If you really need to know, this is a better idea than checking babyís weight on a home scale. Your scale at home may not be sensitive enough or may not be as accurate as the one at the doctorís office.

Your child should be given fruits, vegetables, breads, grains, and the dairy products to ensure all nutrients since it is 1 year old. Only breast milk will not be sufficient enough.

Breads, cereals, whole grains

1/2 - 1 slice of bread
    1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked cereal, grain, or pasta
    1/2 - 1 cup prepared off the shelf cereal

Milk

1 cup milk, formula milk, breast milk or fortified soy milk

Vegetables

1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked
    1/2 - 1 cup raw

Fruits

1 medium fruit
    1/4 - 1/2 cup canned fruit