+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Cultural Barriers in Marriage

Hi

My name is Surabhi. I am a Psychiatrist. I deal with most of cases related to mental imbalace in men and women which are the result of cultural barriers in their relationship which led to trauma. Could you please tell me the various reasons that why such things are still existing in society though we have become literate. Cant we do something in order to elevate our society.

Well according to me the cultural differences would always result in a bit of mental trauma for both the girl and the boy reason being that one of them would be required to give up on their personal beliefs & what they have been taught from their birth to exist with the other person. I really don't think that this is as easy as it sounds...

As far as the elevation of the society with relation to this is concerned I feel that it can only be done once the mental barrier of who is superior to whom is given up.

The only way is to balance equality in terms of various sexes, religions and cast.

> surabhi wrote:

> Hi

My name is Surabhi. I am a Psychiatrist. I deal with most of cases related to mental imbalace in men and women which are the result of cultural barriers in their relationship which led to trauma. Could you please tell me the various reasons that why such things are still existing in society though we have become literate. Cant we do something in order to elevate our society.

I have seen lot of young men and women struck with the cultural barriers, some of the basic cultural obstacles are religion, language, etc.... I agree with gaurav! Once the mental barrier that is who is superior to whom is given up, then i hope everything will be alright. Each religion have different cultures, for Muslims their culture is good, for Hindus their culture is better. These are some of the most valid reasons for cultural barriers. I think Equality is very much important for this context.

re:

Culture is the one of the biggest factor in India which spoils the relation ship between two peoples or lovers.In India still there are many peoples who hates to marry with another casts of girls or boys.If anyone doing so then society can see him by bad thoughts.So we can try to take some steps to remove such cultural barriers in India.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed