+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Madurai Kamaraj University Distance Education in USA

The Madurai Kamaraj University, an upscale University in the State of Tamil Nadu, India is stretching up to United States with its Distance Education Study Center in Maryland, USA. The Vice Chancellor of the Madurai Kamaraj University Dr. Maruthamuthu visited the International Tamil University in Solomons, Maryland on November 11th and 12th to discuss the formation of the Center.

On 23rd of November the Syndicate of Madurai Kamaraj University ratified the proposal of the Study Center and the start of the courses in the United States with the immediate effect. Now that the admission of the students to more than 99 courses offered by the MK University’s distance education center are offered here in the United States. As per the arrangement, the Madurai Kamaraj University will supply the Study Materials for the students through the Study Center affiliated with the International Tamil University

Dr. Selvin Kumar, a former Senior Lecturer of History in the Madurai Kamaraj University is the Founder/President of the International Tamil University and is the Director of Programs for the Study Center of the Madurai Kamaraj University. From 1999, the Tamil University is involved in doing academic Seminars with many other Universities, Congress and the JFK Warfare Center. Those who wish to join the courses can contact the University Monday through Friday from 10 am to 8 pm EST and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 10 pm EST.

The contact phone number is
    410-326-8080

The 24 hour direct line is
    410-231-1507

The e-mail is
    [email]studycenter@mkudeusa.org[/email]

The Study Center is located in Solomons, Maryland, a holiday escape with beaches, boating facilities and board walks . This scenic water front is 35 minutes away from the Washington DC beltway 495 towards the South on Route 4.

Considering the globalization and the fast growing economic and cultural progress between US and India, it is another step to bring the two countries educationally more closer. Madurai Kamaraj University is recently declared as the one of excellence with potential by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India.

Dr. Sababathy Vadivelu, the Director of the Distance Education of the Madurai Kamaraj University is working very closely with the Study Center at the initial stages of the establishment and the nascent progress of the educational venture to benefit the people who look forward to get academic degrees at their spare time and better their lives.

The syndicate meetings of Madurai Kamaraj University held on November 23rd, 2006 approved the International Tamil University as the Distance Education Study Center of MKU in the United States of America.

For further questions or to speak to an academic counselor call (410)326-8080

Banned
    is there any technical courses in this university, i am looking for MCA ...................

Yes we offer MCA. Give us a call at (410)326-8080

Hi
    anyother study center.i am looking for m.phill (computer science) is it available.

hi dear

can u post me the syllabus of MCA........... i wanna compare it to IGNOU MCA Syllabus

Thanks

The syllabus is included with the course materials but here is a brief course description

Course Duration: 3 years

Eligibility:

1. Degree in engineering/technology/commerce/banking/business administration/computer science/computer applications/science with mathematics as one of the subjects.

2. Any degree with a post graduate diploma in computer science/computer applications of minimum one year duration of a recognized university degree

3. Any degree with mathematics at plus 2 level

Eliglibility for MCA lateral entry:

1. PGDCA

2. BCA or B.Sc (Computer Science/Information Technology)

Application Fee: $60.00 S&H included

Course Fee: $4000.00/year (course materials will be included)

First Year Papers:

1. Mathematical foundation of Computer Science

2. Digital Principles and Computer Organization

3. Accounting and Financial Management

4. Graph Theory

5. Computer Based Numerical Methods

6. Microprocessor and Personal Computer

Practicals:

1. Programming in C++

2. PC software COBOL

Second Year Papers:

1. Computer Based Optimization Techniques

2. Relational Database Management

3. System Analysis and Design

4. Operating Systems

5. Computer Graphics

Practicals:

1. Graphics and Multimedia

2. RDBMS

Third Year Papers:

1. Object oriented Programming and C++ Language

2. Software Engineering

3. Computer Networks

Practicals:

1. Java Programming Lab

Project/Thesis/Viva

Hope this helps!

Sorry M. Phil by Distance Education has been abolished by the Tamil Nadu State Government. Hence we do not offer M. Phil courses at the moment.

hi tamiluniversity

thanks for posting MCA syllabus

one question, there are no JAVA theory papers ??

Hi frds,

Is any one having MCA question papers. if you have can you pls mail me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kiruthika ;-)

Sorry guys my mail id : [email]kiruthikar18@yaho.com[/email]

I am a B COM(BC&COST) student in MKU.I have one "BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE AND OFFICE METHODS" paper in first year.But i did'nt receive its book.Is available that book in market? pls inform me with auther's name. pls help me.......

Hi,

What are the working hours of study center. Trying to reach but no answer for the phone mentioned.

Where are the exams conducted for the courses offered.

Thanks
    Sree

Thanx for sharing the information. It will definitely help those who needed it.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Study Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed