+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bad experience at Abudhabi indian school

i want to share some experience at abudbabi and to know about ur suggestions. In the august 2007 i got an oppurtunity to work as teacher at abudbabi sherwood school. It is owned by a keralite settled a t coimbatore. She is good and fair and god loving lady. At the time of interview she was very caring too. As we reached abudhabi we were given accomadation in the same villa of the owner of th e school we have to call her as aunty. accomodation was good and fine. Every thing is good but one problem is that the aunty belongs to marthomite born-again category. so she always interseted in prayers and she want all the new teachers to particiate on it. as i belong to hindu belief itis very hard for me to attend for a 1-1 1/2 long prayers in the mornng from 5 am to 6 am. we willback from school by 5 pm again a priest from chennai was there he will preach about jesus from 6:30 pm to 8 pm. in the same first week i felt dificut to adjust with prayers since i have home sickness and i lack freedom. i asked aunty tha i want to go bacjk to india. she got angry , then asked for compensation of 2 lacks isaid i dont have that much with me then she compleled me to give a post dated cheque of rs 75000 . for the expense she met. now i paid that amount also. i rached back by the end of august itself.
    my question is -- is it right to compel any person to attend in to religiou sprayers
    2) in a muslim country they are trying to preach christanity is it fair.
    3) is there any chance to get back my money that i paid. I had to pay the money because my passport visa and crtificates was with in there custody....pls send ur suggesstion to help me

Hi fren,
    Am really touch by your story and is completely against such kind of act. I really feel for what you have face and for the treatment that you have received. I am a Christian too and would like to let you know that true Christian never behave or treat someone like that. To force someone to do what Christian did is completely against Christ teaching and completely against our belief. I on her behalf would like to apologize to you for the treatment that you received from some “imposter Christian”. And regarding your due (money) you can file a case against her or against that institute because I strongly feels that you need to get back your sum of money that you are asked to pay “by force”.

Take care…

hi,
    just wanted to add my support.
    it's never right to force religion on anyone, whatever the religion is. you should be able to get your money back for several reasons. firstly she cant demand the money on the spot, if she's lost money because you left she has to appeal to court and prove that she has lost money from you leaving and that she was in no way responsible for you leaving. if everything was legal, why did she change her mind about the amount?
    secondly, it's illegal, at least in england, for her to have custody of your passport as it is a personal identification document. the only people who can do that are government institutes.
    thirdly, i think there's a law against forcing religious practice on someone, we have a global constitutional right to worship which ever religion we want and she is infringing on these rights. i'm not certain, but there might be a law against preaching, depending on what was actually said and where it was said.
    at the end of the day she is wrong in all respects and if you take this to an authority she will loose, probably be fined and maybe go to prison. if there is anything i can do to help please let me now

Its not fair to be treated the way u experienced.
    Its unjustifiable to force religion.

I guess you can seek legal support.

munna

No one can force anyone to believe in Christ. It has to come within that person. But, she was doing it for your Good. For who so ever does not believe in Jesus as Son of God, does not believe in God and would end up in Hell for eternity.

Dont ignore this fact, for its of grave consequences for each of us ! Think about it ! When the Judgement day comes you will be answerable to God.

Read the Bible and wilfully accept Jesus ! Dont perish in HELL !

can any one tell me the procedure to apply for a passport ::

i am a under graduate but i have completed my 10th & 12th
    and i have complete documents....
    and i am working for this company
    and company is sending me to uk for few months
    and my visit is strictly professional....

then can i apply for a passport?
    and which kind of passport???
    and wat is the procedure to apply???
    do i need to have ECNR ???
    can i apply 4 passport on the bases of my 10 & 12 certificates and on the bases to that can i go on this official trip....

Abu Dhabi Indian School is a reputed school belonging to the Indian Community. The school involved in this incident is Sherwood School, not Abu Dhabi Indian School. There are several schools run by Indians in Abu Dhabi, but there is only one Abu Dhabi Indian School, controlled by Indian Embassy.

Yes, recent born-again converts (especially Indian ones) tend to be particularly pushy and cultish. You're unfortunate to have come across one. But not all Christians or religious people are like that; many are live-and-let-live types too.

Also, nice one, Thomas11. Effectively:

"You must believe that God and Hell exist, or God will send you to Hell".

Your circular reasoning is making me dizzy.

Hey Thomas,

What nonsense are you talking about.How can you force someone and please keep your religion to yourself.You follow your own and do not preach about hell or heaven.... :Q :Q

Hey Ghazali..
    I havent read the first post but only Thomas's post..
    he has written that no one can force anyone to become christian.. If somebody is doing it for you than you should have some respect about it.. Shut you mouth by saying keep your religion to yourself.. nobody is trying to force you.. If you dont like than why are you giving attention on it.. dont accept it..and do your work....
    8o| :@

Hey Thomas,

What nonsense are you talking about.How can you force someone and please keep your religion to yourself.You follow your own and do not preach about hell or heaven....

Dear Ms. Prasa, Are u sure that the only reason u left the job is forcing the religion on u? If it is so, then u might have explained ur unwillingness to her. If she hasn't accepted, then u could've complained/ contacted authorities when u were in Abu Dhabi itself. I dont believe the reason for ur resignation.

Hello my Christian Brothers!!

Don't threaten any one in the name of your religion saying that, if any one does not believe in Jesus they would go to hell.You are saying don't force any body, but doing the same in other side.

How may GODs you have? Be reminded that GOD IS ONLY ONE.

You have to believe in ONE GOD also believe the messengers of ONE GOD. Believe that Jesus(peace be upon him) is one of the messengers of ONE GOD - then if GOD willing, you would not go to HELL.

Come to this common point.

yes sheik, I am agree with you. One shouldnt threaten any one in the name of God.
    you are absolutely right there is one and only one God and so we should not fight for religion.

Dear All

Can anyone help me ? I have extensive experience in education and I am a South African graduate. I presently occupy a senior post in South Africa and I am seeking emloyment anywhere in Abu Dhabi. Can anyone help me please !

R Jamal
    [email]rcjamal@gmail.com[/email]

hello thomas11

ru creazy, this is what ur religion teaches u, nonsense. Please when u dont no any thing, just keep ur mouth shut, people like u creat problems. no religion force to do so, do u understand. if ur prayer by your self means , that you are doing for your self not for other, if any one joins u, WELL COME them, but we cannot force any one to standby and pray with us or force any one to join in the prayer.

and you thomas, think twice before u say some thing.

Hi All

I am an Indian working in Abudhabi. My kid was studying in the same school (Sherwood). The school's reputation is going bad day by day. I transferred my kid to another school last year. Miss. Fren should have complained to the educational authority. Religious fanatics like this teacher (and Mr. Thomas) is a curse to our community. These people are there in every religion. Whey can't they respect other religions. Then world would then be a better place to live. I am a guy who feels that every religion has it's own values and goodness and all religions preach human beings to love and respect others. Be a good Christian,Muslim or Hindu...respect others' beliefs. It's OK to show others the values of your religion. Let them come to your religion if they are willing to after finding the truth. But it shouldn't be forceful. Do you think that a guy sitting beside you in the church (because you've forced them to come) and cursing you will bring goodness to you. Grow up people.............

Brgds

ya, you are right Mr. I also believe the same. Never provoke people to convert. If they read, listen to other religion nothing wrong in it. after understanding about the religion if they want to accept it than let them do. after all religion are same only the way of worshiping are different. Some people have spoilt some religion by saying that they convert people. But I dont think its like this. If somebody like the way of particular religion than whats wrong in it.
    you are absolutely right that people should grow up...

Hi every one,
    I too worked in the same school in Abu dhabi and went through the hell experience. I paid my 3 month's salary as a deposit to go on my vacation. That lady is a real cheat in the whole world. Let God save her. She has cheated so many thousands of people. Lot of peoples tears will not leave that lady in peace. She may have money but no values in her life. I donot want to comment anything about her relgion.
    Regards
    Well wisher

First thing that you are right... second mistakes you did to give them RS. 75000 PDC , if possible tell your bank to hold that money...let them go to court...they cant go to court beacuse it is not legel . At that time you should not given the money ,you shold given one month notice as per UAE LAW... and than the should cancel the visa.

Only thing you could repeort to police imegration department show the copy of cheque or bank statement where rupees 7500 dhs, deducted . Lock a complain that they are taking money to process visa etc.

Let us see what will be the reply.

If any thing i could do please write to me.

thanks with regards

DILIP K. BHARATI

[email]dilip_bharati@rediffmail.com[/email]

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Travelling Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed