+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Trains from Chennai to Pondicherry

Hi all

Could you please give me the information about the distance between Chennai and Pondicherry, the available trains from Chennai to Pondicherry (Express & Passenger trains), the budget accommodation and food in Pondicherry, the important places to see in & around Pondicherry and finally your experience as a tourist in Pondicherry.

Thanx
    Kishore
    email: [email]kishoremailbag@yahoo.com[/email]

HI Kishore

The precise distance from Chennai to Pondicherry is 164.7 Km. There is train service form Chennai to Pondicherry but I can't remember the name of the Train, but its about one and half hour ride from Chennai. I stayed at The Aurobindo Ashram situated near the sea beach. Its a very cheap yet fine hotel to stay. During my three days stay in Pondi I visited the Botanical Gardens in Pondicherry, Eglise de Sacre Coeur De Jesus in Pondicherry, some beaches.

My overall experience is honestly worth the money i spent.

hi kishore

train timing will be usefull for u and other

don't worry about foods u get all type of food their u have lots of lodges and hotel it won't be that expansive , their is an place called aerovill their u can see a glob which is made up of brass its an meditation place if u want to go inside that u have to get appoinment the day before in the noon time to 2-4 pm ha this place is located in ECR near to pondi opp side u can go to aero beach , inside pondicherry u can beach , temple resturants etc... u can boos a lot its an tax less state for alcholehmmmm

Chennai Egmore-Pondicherry Fast Passenger runs between Chennai Egmore Railway Station in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry Railway Station. The train operates daily and covers a distance of 159 km. Main stations on the way are Mambalam, Tambaram, Chengalpattu, Tindivanam and Vilupparam. Second class seating coaches are available.
    Train number 103: Chennai to Pondicherry, leaves Chennai at 06:35 hrs.
    Train number 104: Pondicherry to Chennai, leaves Pondicherry at 14:40 hrs.

Base fare:
    Class 2S Rs 26.00

@ kameshwaran_s - Hello.........

kishore_guy asked that on 21-10-2007...............and you gave Answer 02-04-2010..........I think if kishore_guy measured the distance between Chennai and Pondicherry by foot....Than He has reached the destination at the time when You replied.

Unregistered

hi, i am looking for the details on train 103 and 104 to reserve from overseas

[QUOTE=kameshwaran_s;142874]hi kishore

train timing will be usefull for u and other

don't worry about foods u get all type of food their u have lots of lodges and hotel it won't be that expansive , their is an place called aerovill their u can see a glob which is made up of brass its an meditation place if u want to go inside that u have to get appoinment the day before in the noon time to 2-4 pm ha this place is located in ECR near to pondi opp side u can go to aero beach , inside pondicherry u can beach , temple resturants etc... u can boos a lot its an tax less state for alcholehmmmm

Chennai Egmore-Pondicherry Fast Passenger runs between Chennai Egmore Railway Station in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry Railway Station. The train operates daily and covers a distance of 159 km. Main stations on the way are Mambalam, Tambaram, Chengalpattu, Tindivanam and Vilupparam. Second class seating coaches are available.
    Train number 103: Chennai to Pondicherry, leaves Chennai at 06:35 hrs.
    Train number 104: Pondicherry to Chennai, leaves Pondicherry at 14:40 hrs.

Base fare:
    Class 2S Rs 26.00[/QUOTE]

hi could i get more information pls. train number quoted doesnt appear on the railway website and neither does pondicherry as a destination.

we are looking to travel between chennai and pondicherry and back over a week end.

thanks a ton
    triptta

Hello,

The distance between Pondicherry and Chennai, is almost 155 km. There are 2 passenger trains running daily to Chennai Egmore Railway station and Tirupati. In addition to this, there is also a daily express train to Chennai Egmore. From my personal experience please do not prefer traveling in train as it takes lot of time to reach. Bus is good option for you.

There is not much one is expected to do at Pondicherry. You would understand this better once you get there and understand the pace of life.

The places to visit there are listed below.

The Beach
    Barathi Park
    Churches
    Botanical garden
    Chunnambar Boat House(which is crowded on holidays and weekends)
    Oustery Lake(Only as a view but not developed)
    Paradise Beach
    Sri Aurobindo Ashram
    Government Museum
    Auroville city
    Boat House
    Manakula Vinayagar Temple
    Villianur - St. Lourd Church (7Km from Pondicherry towards Villupuram)
    Villianur Thirukameeswarar Temple
    Auro Beach (Opposite to Auroville City)

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Chennai
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed