+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Do people still want an arranged marriage?

My American Girl friend wanted to know if an Indian boy or a girl did not have to get an arranged marriage would you still want an arranged marriage.

hi
    Your questiion is debateble. Even though arranged marriage is still provelent, most youths are opting for love marriage. I suport Love amrriage.

Well depends on how or what ur way of thinking is on the subject.
    Nothing is wrong with arranged marraiges, I guess it depends on the pplz itself....

I personally had a love marriage & my parents & his parents agreed so it waz very nice :)

This is another one of those statements that cannot be generalized. There are still people in India who have an arranged marriage, even when they are under no compulsion for doing the same. It varies from individual to individual.

i agree with latikadutta.I do not think that it is that bad.I found my wife through arranged marriage though we dated close to 6 months after the betrothal ceremony.Our parents support us to pursue our career and raise our children.Love marriages are not bad but one should get the right person and the mutual love should not be superficial.

NY Guy...

Tell me sweetpea... ur American girlfriend... is she white, indian, african american, mexican....

:)

White American with British background. Family got to the US on the May flower. She is a very lovely, gorgeous, athletic, intelligent, adventurous, and highly educated. I am a very lucky guy .

Or maybe the girl got lucky hey ;)

No, people shouldn't be forced to spend their life with someone against their will. Marriage should be by choice, if someone else chooses for you, you will hate the person for the rest of your life. Arranged marriages are not forced on people anymore. I know two of my friends who got married its an arranged marriage, However both marriages didn't work.

Today, most of the youths are adapted to western culture and they follow the things what they do. I dont think they will prefer arranged marriage; most of them go for love marriage. I think love marriage is better, because they are known to each other for few years, they will better understand each others problem.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed