+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Passport : Address Proof Problem

Hi,
    I want to apply for fresh passport !

I am residing in Pune for last 2.5 years. (Basically I am not from Pune)
    I am working with a company since last 1.5+ years and I do have salary account.

For applying for passport I need to provide address proof document.
    Some problems I am facing for this are :
    1) We dont have any aggreement for the flat where I am currently living.
    2) I dont have any bank account other than salary account. So bank statement contains address of my employer.
    3) Since flat is rented one, I can't produce electicity/telephone bill etc.

From the [url]www.Passport.gov.in[/url] i came to know that certificate from employer can also be submitted as address proof.

So my question is whether this will be sufficient ? Or I need to provide some other documents also ?
    And which document can I submit as proof of residence, considering above problems !

but i have heard that the residence proof is necessary to submit.

Employer letter is not accepted as address proof.
    Rental lease agreement is not accepted as address proof.
    Private bank statement is not accepted as address proof.

You need to submit BSNL phone bill for one year (the bill one year ago plus the latest bill).
    Plus you need to submit Election ID Card (also PAN card to be on the safer side).

As is mentioned in passport office-goa FAQ, for the proof of stay of the present address you could also produce a rental agreement or a letter from your company stating you present address and the period of stay.
    You can produce the bank passbook copy as your proof of stay. The first three pages of the pass book(the page which bears your address and the page which shows when you have started the account) will suffice.

Refer this link:---
    [url]http://passportgoa.nic.in/faqtips.htm#PROOF%20OF%20STAY[/url]

Remember to fill 2 set of Personal particulars forms 1) for pune passport office 2)for your permanent address passport office.

Exclamation Address proof details

Even I heard that an employer’s certificate can be accepted as an address proof, in this case you can even provide them IT assessment order as well as the employer certificate. For more documents you may submit a driving license, EB card Voter ID, home landline bill or even a gas bill.

Yours is a very risky situation you are staying in Pune but not basically from Pune and you don’t have any address proof documents to submit and this means you don’t get your passport done in Pune. So, I would recommend you to get the passport done from your hometown. I hope atleast there you have some voter ID or any other address proof.

As according to what I know, it is the Passport Office that takes care of all necessary things. It will be better if you can get details from there itself. Tell them how can you get passport. Tell them that you had been lining outstation and there is some problem with address proof.

See if you do not have an agreement letter from your owner better get it ready fast. Else your post paid mobile or internet bills can also work as address proof. Your employer certificate on valid address proof can work else will get rejected. But since you are staying in a rent house then better you need to have reference letter from your neighbor to show the evidence that you are staying there for a year or so.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Jobs & Career
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed