+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: having trouble with admission to phd

having trouble with admission to phd

Hi. I am new here but I would sure like some help. I am a graduate in Electrical Engineering (1996). I did my Master's in ECE (Digital Signal Processing) - .2005. I made a mess of my choice for my Master's programs because I want to do my PhD in Power Electronics and Drives or Controls. But every Professor I have approached has rejected me saying that I should continue with Digital Signal Processing for my PhD. I am not interested in that subject because I never really got the hang of it. Please could somebody tell me what to do ... which Electrical subject can I select for my PhD? Thankyou ... my mail ID is shomik.06@gmail.com.

Thumbs up

Hi Shomikc,

When it comes to the matter of education and life there should not be any confusion at all because education is followed by life. Education decides your life. When you’re not willing to do in Digital Signal Processing, you should not have done your masters in that combination. Well for every problem there is a solution. As you are willing to do you’re PHD in power electronics and since your graduation is in electronics you can try for it, firstly you should decide in which university you’re planning to do it. Once you decide look into the eligibility criteria for doing PHD in Power Electrical and decide your future. I hope this could help you. Here is a link given below just for reference.

http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/admissions/ms_phd_adm.html

[QUOTE=surya.rockstar123;235315]Hi Shomikc,

When it comes to the matter of education and life there should not be any confusion at all because education is followed by life. Education decides your life. When you’re not willing to do in Digital Signal Processing, you should not have done your masters in that combination. Well for every problem there is a solution. As you are willing to do you’re PHD in power electronics and since your graduation is in electronics you can try for it, firstly you should decide in which university you’re planning to do it. Once you decide look into the eligibility criteria for doing PHD in Power Electrical and decide your future. I hope this could help you. Here is a link given below just for reference.

http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/admissions/ms_phd_adm.html[/QUOTE]

Thankyou for the helpful advice.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Higher Education In India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed