Thread: Diwali 2012 recipe
Diwali 2012 recipe
Make this 2012 diwali a special diwali by preparing different kinds of sweet. I prepared wheat laddu for last year diwali, where I want share the same recipe to you all.
Preparation of Wheat Laddu
Wheat Flour 1 cup
Gram Flour 1/4 cup
Sugar Powder 3/4 cup
Grated Coconut 1/4 cup
Almonds, raisins, kaju 1/4 cup
Ghee 1 cup
Heat ghee in a non-stick vessel
Fry the almonds, raisins, kaju in the ghee & keep it aside
Add wheat & gram flours in the ghee vessel
Roast the flour for couple of minutes & add grated coconut and mix it well
Add sugar powder in the mixture & stir for 10minutes
Finally add fried almonds, raisins, kaju
Immediately, after taking from heat start making laddus.
Hope sweetened peoples will, add some more sweet dishes to make this diwali sweet.
I had made this for Diwali in 2012
Rice flour: 2 Cups
Besan/Gram Four: 1 Cup
Carom Seeds: 2 tsp
White Sesame Seeds: 2 tbsp
Cumin Powder: 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder: 2 tsp (If you want more spicy you can add some more)
Asfotedia: ¼ tsp
Ghee/Butter(Melted): ¼ Cup
Water just enough to knead the dough
Oil for frying
1) Mix Riceflour, gram flour, cumin powder, asfotedia, red chili powder, sesame seeds, carom seeds in a vessel.
2) Pour the melted Ghee/butter over the above mixture and mix well.
3) Now add water slowly to the above mixture and knead chapati like dough. The dough should not be too loose or stiff. Leave the dough to rest for about 15- 20 mins.
4) Add the dough to the chakali maker and move it in circular fashion on a rolling board or any flat surface to make chakalis in round shape.
5) Heat oil on medium flame and gently slide the chakalis into it. Fry them on both sides till they are golden brown.
6) Once they are done remove them from oil and drain on a paper towel.