+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Child adoption in Bangalore

Child adoption in Bangalore

Hi,
    Can someone tell me in detail, what is the procedure and how can we adopt an infant? We have been married for last 8 years and are looking at an option of adoption? My wife is a house wife (was earlier working) and I am working for a decent company in Bangalore.

Would really appreciate, if the details could be posted on to my email ID.

With warm regards
    Virendar

Adoption can be categorized into two:

In-Country adoption - Indian parents / Non Resident Indian (NRI) desiring to adopt an Indian child
    Inter-Country adoption - Foreign parents desiring to adopt a child

As you told that, you are in Bangalore; it comes under In-country adoption.

Adoption Process:

1. You should apply either through the Voluntary Co-coordinating Agency whose address is given below or to any one of the recognized Placement Agencies.

2. Once your application got received, they will send a Social Worker of their Institute to visit your home to meet you and your family members. They’ll question about your family, married life, family members, economic status, etc. This is to ensure that the future of the adopted child is in safe hands.

3. You have to mention your preferences for the child you are going to adopt-like age of the child etc. then that social worker will prepare a report called “Home Study Report”.

4. According to the preferences given by you, the concerned agency will match a child to you. The photograph of the child will sent to you residential address along with other details.

5. Once your willingness to adopt the child has been expressed, you will be asked to visit the agency and to see the child.

6. The agency will process your case in the concerned court of law to make the adoption legal, once the child is liked by you. After the court clears the child for adoption, you can take the child home.

7. All Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, or Sikhs can legally adopt under the 'Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act 1956'. It is not so in the case of the Muslims, Christians and others. They can take a child in guardianship under the 'Guardians and Wards Act of 1890'.

Hi,

I will give you a list of recognized adoption agencies in Bangalore through which your adoption process can be done easily. The contact details of the adoption agencies are as follows:

1. Ashraya Children's Home
    Jawan's Quarters,BDA Park, Double Rd.,
    Indiranagar Stage 1, Bangalore 560038.
    Ph. 080 25241929

2. Vathsalya Charitable Trust
    No.717, 5th Cross, HRBR 1st Block
    Banaswadi, Bangalore 560043
    Ph. 080 25457360

3. Society of Sisters of Charity
    Holy Angels Convent, c/o Stella Maris Convent,
    Malleswaram, Bangalore- 560003.
    Ph. 080 27757235

4. Shishu Mandir
    17/11, Cambridge Road, Ulsoor
    Bangalore 560008.

5. St Michael's Home/Convent
    Good Shepherd Sisters, 80 Feet Road, Indira Nagar Post,
    Bangalore 560038.
    Ph. 080 25282811

Hope, this information could be useful to you!

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I am basically from Bangalore and willing to adopt a baby. I tired contacting all the below agencies for registering, but none of the agencies are registering for any adoption at the moment.

can you help me in this aspect if you know any other govt authorized agencies to contact for adoption.

Thank you!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Infants & Baby Care
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed