+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Thirteen year old son having a girlfriend. Is this serious?

Thirteen year old son having a girlfriend. Is this serious?

My thirteen year old seemingly has a girlfriend. He chats with her on messenger and I have seen posts like 'wud u lik to spend the rest of lif wid me?' I don't know if I should be bothered about this, however his school teacher called us up and told us that he gave a letter to a girl in another section. We kind of know its the same girl.

The teacher feels that we should counsel him so that he does not fall in trouble but I need some guidance on:

1. Writing a letter to a girl, is it that bad?
    2. What should I talk to him?
    3. Is it OK to have a GF at this age?

Answer:- yes obviously love at 13years is fake and itís not considered to be love itís just an infatuation & affection.

Answer:- Give a strict warning, if he is very stubborn then try speaking to him softly compare some good friends with him, tell all kinds of false statement that will happen to his future if he falls in loveÖ Keep advising softly and itís better to shift the present house or school of him to give complete nil over this problem.

Answer: - No way!! This is not the right age.

Take it serious.

Aashish,

What is this question? You have to be bothered as this is not the right age for him to have a girl friend. He will ruin his life with unwanted things... Don't boss him just advise him in a good way that he has much more time to have a girl friend and then he can go further. Now he should concentrate on his studies which is important. A girl will come automatically if he is settled in his life. Make him understand.

Its a kind of physical attraction. Take is seriously. Convince your child motherly.

Hi

Its all happens because of the movies they watch and also it could be a friendship.... you have to be lil strict and also lil care.. so whatever you are going to speak to him it should help him in all they way... what you guys say on this

hi

1. not at all. provided what he is writing. here it is not bad but little matured decision. (funny from our [matured] side)
    this is infatuation and little preadolescence (though this generation is going fast don't forget it )
    2. You better see this girl in real. talk to her and your son AND make them more friendly as if nothing happened serious (what u doubt)
    3. It is tough to say. Now the advancement of age is progressing. It is accelerating further in near decade. better make the situation as it is a FRIEND WHO IS GIRL rather GF.

Finally if you don't get result - Immediately you take your kid to a Child Psychologist / Counselor to discuss the matter.

Thanks
    Last edited by friendinneed; 06-17-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: forgot one more line to add

I agree with friendinneed & ajithv view, itís good to follow their advices.

Love at 13 is just attraction and infatuation, so itís better to warn the kid in the initial stages for his bright future. The advices to the child must be soft as well as threatening kind. Know the tact tics and act according to it!!

Donít make it a big issue and publish the situation to entire world, make it confidential coz todayís children psycho wavelength is unjudgeable; they may take any kind of wrong decisionÖ

Hope u understand what I mean!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed