+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Second marriage safety

Second marriage safety

After 15 months of applying for divorce (u/s 13 HMA) in the Family Court, the court passed the ex-parte decree when despite receiving court's summons she did not appear in the court.

I have waited more than 113 days before the second marriage was performed. I had informed my wife over e-mail that the marriage has been ended by the court after 75 days of the judgement date.

How much legally safe is my second marriage ?

Thumbs up

Hi
    second marriage is not so safety but still if your confidence you can go for second marriage before that you need to be clear second marriage is during the subistance of the first marriage is illegal in India
    Even though the law is very clear on this point, 'second marriage' is a common practice in Indian society. As a result of the aforementioned contrast between the law and social practice, second wives in India have little protection under the law.
    First and for most do some back ground checking what assets, economic failure check it out
    Discuss how you manage money joint account or separate account who pay what bills
    make it clear
    Consider your parents' future, if they're still alive. What is your financial commitment to them? Will you support them, if they fall on hard times? Can they move in with you?

Take this steps seriously and then finalize for second marriage

All the Best

Mr. Shashank, You mistook my question. I had been granted divorce by the court 113 days before I married to another girl.

[QUOTE=shashank.aggarwal;251204]Hi
    second marriage is not so safety but still if your confidence you can go for second marriage before that you need to be clear second marriage is during the subistance of the first marriage is illegal in India
    Even though the law is very clear on this point, 'second marriage' is a common practice in Indian society. As a result of the aforementioned contrast between the law and social practice, second wives in India have little protection under the law.
    First and for most do some back ground checking what assets, economic failure check it out
    Discuss how you manage money joint account or separate account who pay what bills
    make it clear
    Consider your parents' future, if they're still alive. What is your financial commitment to them? Will you support them, if they fall on hard times? Can they move in with you?

Take this steps seriously and then finalize for second marriage

All the Best[/QUOTE]

good luck

I hardly see an issue. i think you should be good.

Hi Dude,

Not all the second marriages are successful in India. You must follow few rules and regulations to go for a second marriage as specified by Shashank aggarwal.

Since you have decided to divorce your first wife, first do that before you go for a second marriage. If you donít take divorce and go further then you will be imprisoned.

Better consult an experienced lawyer for a good solution, he will be little costly. But solution is important than getting into jeopardize.

All the very best!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed