+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: How to deal with Aggressive Teen Behaviour....

Huy,

My elder sister's daughter is 14yrs old.For last couple of months we noticing that she is arguing too much with everyone & she becomes angry quite often.My sister has discussed this matter with his Class teacher as well.She also said that there is a sudden change in her beahviour.I think it beacuse of Excess Homeworks and assignments that we get in todays Modern School Environment.My sis is little worried abt this.I have told her to calm down.

Will it be a nice idea to go for a week long vacation on a just to change the mood of the family.
    Pls Advice........

Thanks.

Teenage is a difficult stage and your neice may be facing her own insecurities and confusions at the time. Let her alone for sometime. Talk to her while she is calm and happy and ask your sister not to react aggressively in response to her shouting. She can give the silent treatment sometimes and at other times may just try to approach her and understand the root of her problem. Instead of probing much, she can just say, "Beta, you know you can discuss anything with me, don't you? I will be glad if you take advise from me or simply tell what is hurting you so that I can share your pain." and then be quiet and let her approach her mother, when she wants. She should also listen to what her daughter is saying calmly and with patience and not react angrily, so that your niece doesn't feel the need to turn defensive.

Teenage is a difficult time as it is. There is so much of pressure because of academics and extra-curricular activities. Reading news like getting something 97% in exams to get admissions in good colleges, make average children feel inadequate and stupid. We feel depressed and feel as if we have no future. Plus, constant lecturing and bickering from parents only add to the pressure and their high expectations make us feel depressed. And you expect that we won't even react to it? I have only one advice to all the parents of teens...live your own life for God's sake and let us moan and groan awhile. Don't pester us always, plz.

ofcourse it would be good to go for a holiday...but till you can go, suggest you take her out for a cup of coffee and discuss with her. Try to understand why this change is there and make her understand that you are asking this only because you want to help...

Teens Tantrums can be a nightmare to every parent and they all start to wonder how they are going to improve their child's behaviour. I have written an article about this topic and you can view it on [url]www.realmomtips.com[/url]

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed