+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: How Many Days To Refund From IRCTC

How Many Days To Refund From IRCTC

Hi everybody…
    I don’t know much about IRCTC.. Sometimes I don’t get time to go to railway station and book the tickets.. So I do onlie booking from IRCTC.. 3 days back I booked a ticket to Chennai in General booking status.. But I cancelled the ticket yesterday as my plans were changed.. But I dint received the refund yet.. It was a confirm ticket.. Can you please help me? Do you know when the refund amount will get credited?
    Also I want to know about tatkal tickets, its booking and cancellation..
    Please Guide Me!!!

Hiii Saurav.........

You can cancel your i-tickets at nearest computerized reservation counter.. But no cash is refunded at the counter.. The refund amount is directly credited in the account number given in your debit card on the following day of cancellation..
    Refund is made after deducting the service charge..
    If your ticket is in waiting list or RAC and you want to cancel the ticket, then Rs.20/- per passenger is deducted..
    If a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 24 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges shall be deducted @ Rs.70/- for AC First Class/Executive Class, Rs.60/- for AC 2 Tier/AC 3 Tier/First Class/AC Chair car, Rs.40/- for Sleeper Class and Rs.20/- for Second Class.
    If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 24 hrs and up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.

If you cancel the tickets after the departure of your train then refund is not done..

If you want to cancel 4 hours before the departure of train then nearly 50% of the amount is deducted..

You are not allowed to board the train if your i-ticket is in waitlist.. The refund amount after deducting the service charge will be credited in your account after 72 hours of departure of train...

If you want to cancel your tatkal i-ticket then amount is not refunded…

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in India Travel
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed