+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Interstate Divorce

Exclamation Interstate Divorce

I belong to AP and i got married to my husband last year(arrange marriage) in bangalore, who is apparanetly from bangalore; who is already a divorce(498a,506,509) .

Now i want to know if i can file a case in my state or i have to file in Bangalore.
    Since he is a localite he has threatened that if i try to part my ways from him he would kill everyone in family.
    Basically he used up my money and my salary and mortgaged my entire gold and used my credit cards .Now when i stopped giving him financial support he did my character assassination. I lost my father at a very young age and i have worked hard to come up here.

Basically now i want to take legal support to get rid of him from my life.
    Let me know how should i go ahead or deal with this?

Regards
    Rajya
    Last edited by rajya; 08-06-2012 at 02:53 AM. Reason: added more info

Hi Rajya,

The process of getting an Interstate Divorce is same as the process of getting a divorce where both the spouses are from the same state. You can grant a divorce from any of the state where you or your spouse is a resident of that state.

I will give you all the details regarding filing an interstate divorce here. Its better to get legal advice from the authorized lawyer.

The main thing you have to check is your residency status.
    You can apply for divorce in the state where you are currently living in. you should be resident of that state for a particular period.
    File a petition by specifying your preferred terms.

After the petition is served and the court summons on your spouse, the divorce process starts.
    You can hire a professional process server in that state (Karnataka in your case) to effectuate service. The court will allow you to run legal ads through newspapers for a particular duration, if you can't find your spouse.

Hope, this information could be useful to you!!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Bangalore
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed