+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: What Not To Write In Your Resume

What Not To Write In Your Resume

Hey guys, I worked as an HR in an IT firm, and I have taken Interviews for many of them almost 80% of the people make many mistakes in their resumes; To be frank I have rejected many people who carried a wrong resume when they walk in to my company. So here are the few best tips for What Not to write in Your Resume.

The very First thing that you should not write in the Resume is “Unrelated Interests” Your Hobbies or your Interest will not help you getting a job in any company, many will ask about your hobbies and don’t get fooled because of the question that they ask, we ask this question for a reason.
    Second thing that you should mention in your resume is “Your Photo” Don’t send any of your resumes with your photos if you’re looking out for jobs in IT companies it will not help.
    Third thing that you should not write in the Resume “Your salary Statements” please do not ever mention about your previous salary statements in any of your resumes.
    And here are many other things that should not be in your resume are Self-Serving Goals, Personal Preferences, and your Weaknesses.

Bottom line:
    Getting a job these days is the toughest thing ever, so be careful what you mention in your resumes. Get in touch with the professional to get your resumes done. When you go to face the Interview don’t blabber and face the interview with smile don’t be scared to face the interviews.

Thanks a lot for your tips and suggestion on resumes, This is very useful to me please keep posting topics as such.

[QUOTE=kavin-kumar;263587]Thanks a lot for your tips and suggestion on resumes, This is very useful to me please keep posting topics as such.[/QUOTE]

How to write the cover letter , what content should mention in the letter.
    Can u please suggest for how to applying for internship prog. in Top IT based company.

Hi Priti,

Make sure that the cover letter is unique, personalized, look professional and simple.

State the reasons why you are so eager to avail of an internship in that company. Draw all the important facts and figures from the particular company’s background are bound to land a good impression on the employer.
    In brief mention your qualifications, achievements and institutions attended is relevant to the position.
    Make sure it doesn’t replicate in your resume.
    If your cover letter is convincing enough, the employer will positively read your resume.
    Ask somebody to check for spelling and grammatical mistakes.

All the best!!!

Hello Sindhu,

That's great . Thanks for sharing such effective tips on what not to be written in the resume. Many of us attach a photo with a resume which is wrong, it i only applicable for Front desk appliers.

Thanks once again.

"State the reasons why you are so eager to avail of an internship in that company. Draw all the important facts and figures from the particular company’s background are bound to land a good impression on the employer.
    In brief mention your qualifications, achievements and institutions attended is relevant to the position.
    If your cover letter is convincing enough, the employer will positively read your resume.
    Ask somebody to check for spelling and grammatical mistakes."

Also i would thank pradeep for sharing the above information.

[QUOTE=pradeepecr;263770]Hi Priti,

Make sure that the cover letter is unique, personalized, look professional and simple.

State the reasons why you are so eager to avail of an internship in that company. Draw all the important facts and figures from the particular company’s background are bound to land a good impression on the employer.
    Ask somebody to check for spelling and grammatical mistakes.

All the best!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Pradeep .I do keep all these things into my cover letter .

Hi sindu,

This information’s were really helpful to me, because even I did these mistakes. After seeing your posts, I created a new resume and now I am placed in a good company.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Interview tips

Thanks for the tips on what not to mention in our resume. There are many articles on How to prepare resume but this tips really help as everyone of us are really curious to know what should not be mentioned in our resume so that we get selected for an interview. You Have mentioned about hobbies in your point is it that we should not mentioned about our hobbies at all? And what about salary expected. Should we give a marginal value? like between 10 to 15k?

Hi Sameer,

Sindhu has really taken lot of effort to tell us about what not to be written in the resume. Many of us include hobbies, salary expectation etc which is wrong. Salary expectation degrades your value that you have come down for an interview just for the sake of money. Until and unless they ask you to mention, please don't write it. Always insist saying I would expect as per the company's standards.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Jobs & Career
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed