+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: divorce

divorce

...am married for 15 yrs, wife was just 18, recently lost her father when I married, her mother had just gor her fathers job, only sister, had to meet all liabilities to the family as/more than their own son could have.. including education of my wife till masters & beyond, often sacrificing my own carrer, money & interests. bought a 2BHK flat so that my m'in law could stay near her workplace, wife stayed with her last 7 yrs, visited me at my workplace fornightly. last 2 yrs me staying in the same flat, facing all sorts of disregardful behavior from all in laws, wife mere spectetor, never raises her voice, monthly expenses full family borne by me, wife denies to go elsewhere, stay seperately from them, not moved even at the "threat" of divorce,
    I feel I have been cheated, taken advantage of, thatmy life has come to a blind end,
    feel that there are 2 ways-divorce or suicide now open to me.
    CAN YOU SUGGEST HOW TO PROCEED from this point- in WHAT DIRECTION?

Hi bhaskar,

If you have only two options available - divorce or suicide, then go for divorce. Your wife and in laws are not worth giving up your life for.

Regarding the house in which you all live, whose name is it in? If it is in your name and you have been making payments on it, then you can ask your mother inlaw and any other inlaws to move out.
    You need to get some legal advice as to how you can throw them out of your home. If you are fed up with your wife's behaviour and attitude then you can warn her that if she wants , she can also move out with her mother or she can be a proper wife to you.

They all are taking you for granted. Don't delay in taking advice from a lawyer and then take appropriate action to get some peace in your life.
    Last edited by RubyRuby; 10-31-2012 at 11:22 PM.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed