+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Maxfort School

i would request you all to please share your views and not get personal.every view counts and every opinion matters to people looking for schools for getting their kids admitted.
    well,its good that parents are satisfied too but the thing is maxfort is indeed not what it started out to be.i feel taking care of adolescents is just a cover up,what are the incharges for?that means teh kids on upper floors are not being looked after?must be difficult for staff to climb up teh stairs and check.and i am sure,this is NOT the vision of the director,class layout is not good,nursery KG and 1 should always be at the ground floor.There is lack of monitoring in classes on upper floors for sure.They could shift the bigger classes up and still do the monitoring.this is not a satisfactory reason.and maxfort is a progressive school,they can get cameras installed if they cant climb up.
    worried mom,in case you still login,please keep on updating me abt venky.i am happy you took the right decision.by the time i shift my child,you will be well experienced parent,i really look forward to the internal details of the school from you.:)

hi all,
    i jus read this message from someone who says that the school is not authorized... it has been recognized by the directorate of education which happened just recently... and i'll let you a secret..the reason why the website does not have the mention of dwarks is beacuse they are handled by different groups and different functional heads...this is what was shared wid me by the director herself when i had exactly the same worries...
    and who says the school timimgs are from7:50 to 3:30 it is actually 8 - 2:30 only..and 10 -15 kgs is the weight of the bag???? wat are you saying ..which child can even carry such weight ..its not possible..the children will only carry things according to the time table...at times even i have felt they are a bit heavy but thats only been a rare one time event ...im sure we can overlook that for once.. and swati ive nthing against you ..its just that i know of so much effort going in that school that i feel like sharing it strongly...and why dont you take an appointment with mrs kumar..im sure she will meet you..she's never said a no to anybody or why dont you call her atleast ..thats what i do a lot of times since she had given her numbers to all the parents..

and ya as a co-parent ..i can understand your anxiety....we all have them at some point of time...so if you feel apprehensive..i can ask her to speak to you or fix an appointment for you since i have now become comfortable with her and have that trust in her as well as the school authorities...

The Director, HM and the staff appear to be a well knit and effecient team. Also, :-D the professional competence of the Director and HM is beyond doubt. So the way the School is being organised and the activities being conducted should not be criticised without allowing the school a reasonable time. Offering vague suggestions from the outside like locations of the classes, installing of cameras etc is easier said than done. In any case, the school is consistently surpassing our expectations and our child is getting more all round development than what we have experienced anywhere else. Our child is getting exposure not only to academics, but to stage activities, cultural events, photo shoots etc.

Hi Everyone,
    My child too is studying in max 3. Well I feel everything is going fine. The EVS holiday homework was very interesting. Infact my child is enjoying the Lesson which they are doing now "SEEDS". They made lovely ornaments out of seeds.
    I really dont know why are a few of us unhappy and are saying "what is Deepaji doing?". As far as i know Deepa Ji, her doors are open for everyone. She is a good soul and my message gets conveyed to the teacher even without my child knowing it. I would say please call up Deepa Ji at the earliest and she would i am 100% sure look into the matter at the earliest. In fact she has also ciculated her personal mobile number to all the parent faculty. So let her know about the matter.
    Bye
    :-D

@nbsparent Guest

Hi parent,

I am targetting NBS for my 3 yr old son for nursery. Could you please provide more insight ? Help Appreciated.

Though I visited the school and am partly convienced but looking at the "SCHOOLS MARKET" , I am confused.

Dear Parent,

Ofcourse the "school market" in Dwarka is very crowded and confusing, with large number of schools with impressive buildings and infrastructure; high sounding curricular philosophy and impressive staff. What we, parents, should focus is more on what transpires within the class rooms- between teachers and students and hence the real learning- and not be pursuaded by outward appearances and marketing hype. Many schools have over 2000 students (some even 3000) and you will readily admit that in such over populated classes individualized attention gets sacrificed. (Research says small schools foster better learning).

In many reputed schools, the focus is on just board exams and what takes place is rote learning and not real learning. I happened to visit over 15 schools in Dwarka before admitting my child in NBS and did a thorough research on them: many schools advertise hype about their curriculam- "self discovery" "empowerment" "learning by doing" "leadership development" "action research" "holistic"; but nothing of that sort happens in the class rooms; they are just advertising hype. The teaching takes place mostly the traditional way- rote learning, memorization, etc.

Most schools have impressive menu of extra curricular activities, in the name of "holistic" or "whole child development"- dance, music, skating, swimming, horse riding, karate, taekwendo, anything one can imagine. However, they are just distorting a great concept. Holistic development does not mean a large number of activities and competitions for the already overburdened child- it actually means treating every child as a whole person- respecting her and caring for her as a whole person, giving her choices and decision making opportunities, and allowing her all round development in an atmosphere of collaboration and team spirit. We are all well aware of the importance of emotional intelligence in career and life success. That is what I like about NBS. Their philosophy of "Community Schooling" based on "collaborative learning" is practised day in and day out in the class rooms, building a community of learners who share a passion for life long learning and cooperation. Their holistic approach to education develops the whole child. I am sure there could be at least some schools who meticulously follow such progressive and child centered approaches which are supported by scientific research; but I cannot name since my experience is with Nirmal Bhartia School.

I wants to get my ward admitted in nirmal bhartia school in standard four. please give some more information about NBS academic curriculum and overall atmosphere in the school.

Dear Mr Vats,

I would advise you to visit the school and see for yourself, but can share some bits about their curriculum and environment. The core their method is collaborative learning where children learn from each other and in teams. This is supported by experiential learning where children get to learn lessons through various real life experiences, involving multiple intelligences. This results in real love of learning as opposed to rote learning which usually takes place otherwise.

The environment is really child friendly with deliberately small class strength (only two sections per class, student teacher ratio of 15:1), activities like after school hours, lots of parental involvement, etc. The students in junior classes are subjected to the rigours of examination, but regular assessments which are also child friendly.

Another thing I like about NBS is their transparency and approach to parents who are treated really like partners and their opinions are always sought and valued. Further the school donot go for commercialization unlike a lot of other schools.

Visit the school yourself and i am sure you will like it.

KUDOS to maxfort !!
    my faith in the school has once agin been stregthened by the simple fact that the students are developing into what was promised... I am amased to see what lovely indepent learners they are becoming.. one has to visist the blogs writtten by students of classes VII and VIII to believe what creative minds are being developed inm this school.
    [url]http://www.maxfortdwarka.blogspot.com/[/url]

hi

[QUOTE=Sapnah;33448]Hi all,

I am surprised at so much of negativity flowing around regarding Maxfort Dwarka. In my view it is an excellent school. They maintain excellent teacher-children ratio and the Headmistress and the Director are the main pillars who hold on to the school. Even the teachers are very impressive.

I have 2 children in class 5 and KG resp and I deal with different teachers at both levels.

Infact when you talk about traffic, let me share my experience. During the Theaterama scheduled on 6th Dec, we parked our car outside and the Guard came running saying Mam please park here ( which was closer to school gate) so that we can keep an eye. I was impressed at the effort taken even by the guards.

While entering all was properly marked and we were guided to the venue very nicely. The teachers are all smiling and helpful ( and it is not only the class teacher who exhibits such behaviour but all present) . The programs are all scheduled and timings ( which IS a great constraint for all these days) are adhered to.

If you see the program for the Nursery and kinder garden , each child is given a chance to be on stage, say 2 lines and is appreciated for it.

C'mom ladies, pls be practical. A school cannot position itself just because others have not been able to do it. All schools have impressive buildings and great looking brochers. Talking about Maxfort creating hypes, If hypes are created , my dear, I think parents are smart enough not to get lured by such hypes. Every parent does a lot of research before admitting their child to any school.

I would suggest please do not move on a different tangent and talk about schools reputation if a few are dissatisfied. I am satisfied and would encourage others to also put their children in Maxfort.

Sapna[/QUOTE]

Hi,Im plannng to put my child in Maxfort, share your view on hina.rohira@yahoo.com.au.It would be great help and support.

Maxfort S

Our try outs start in about 2 weeks.

This is my first year at this school and there the worst no dedication. SO i have to step up big i am not used to that but i will try to handle it i only averaged 18ppg last year. This is my last year so im just gonna go all out give it 100.

Delhi Maxfort School

Maxfort School openly encourages kids to be kidish they can be. This school lets enjoy every single moment that they spend here at MAXFORT SCHOOL in Parwana Road in Delhi. There is also another branch at Guru Harkrishan Marg, at Rohini too. Maxfort schools lets grow up in safe environment. The morale that the school tries to impart are in creating positive & kids in high spirits

Unhappy

Of course Max fort school is a well defined school which is located in Delhi. They offer a soothing and a vibrant atmosphere. I heard some parents telling that this maxfort school gives importance to cultural events and some other activities, but not completely in studies. Sometimes, the donation is also very high and there is no use of paying so much. I feel except the atmosphere there is nothing special.

Maxfort School is a very standard and popular school which is known for both academic and extracurricular excellence of students. You are telling that school doesnt encourage activities apart from studies and there is no place for play but according to my knowledge Maxfort has a very vast ground where there is a separate space for each every sport/game. Actually my niece is studying in the same school so I know a bit more about it. I have even heard that there are special sports and other performance arts classes led by good teachers helping students to achieve more.

This is the best school to get your child educated for it is equipped with all the excellent facilities to help your children to excel in the art of learning. Here in Maxfort School the teachers tend to provide best techniques to cultivate interest in child and help develop their talents. They tend to retain a vibrant and colorful environment to help motivate the children to achieve their goals.

41 nfinim

Best school???I seriously dont know your defination of best but i am extremelyhappyafter pullingmy daughter outof this suffocating environment of maxfort!what does the school have?no management and no compassion!gone are the days of that lovely headmistress and the counsellor....now you have the worst combination of headmistress and academic incharge.thisgood for nothingheadmistress is noteven ashamed of where she is taking the school to.the way they manage the staff is worse...there is nomotivation,only pressure.good qualified teachers are leavingthe school and the ones without exp and degree are being hired.The front office staff is rude and blunt.theheadmistress only speaks....she doesnt mean anything she says.academic incharge will only shout and run from oneplace to another.they suck all money from the parents withoutgiving any quality.i rate it poor.if you dont get admission anywhere else then go ahead with maxfort.

There are NO activities guys.....so whatever is written about cultivating extra activities or building up an all rounder is lie.....ask the parents outside the school to get the real picture.

Hey !!

My cousins sis kids are also studying in Max as of now he doesn't have any such complaints... See first of its a school runs by some one else we cant expect the home environment in the school... We have to leave our kids freely so that they themselves has to adjust the environment and that will be best for them to grow!! so dont worry dont be back of them always leave them and see from far you will realize how happy they are....

[QUOTE=manu85;247224]Hey !!

My cousins sis kids are also studying in Max as of now he doesn't have any such complaints... See first of its a school runs by some one else we cant expect the home environment in the school... We have to leave our kids freely so that they themselves has to adjust the environment and that will be best for them to grow!! so dont worry dont be back of them always leave them and see from far you will realize how happy they are....[/QUOTE]

To this,I can only say that ppl shouldn't search for a school and close thr eyes if the kids are uncomfortable!accept that your child is away from you and don't expect anything out of the school.sit back and relax as the child would one day surely learn to fight back.leave your kids free.have you ever thought that parents become unhappy only when thr kids face challenges in school?YES?think abt it.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Toddlers & Kids
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed