+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Recipe for Tirupati Laddu

Recipe for Tirupati Laddu

Hello everyone,

You all know the sweetness and no other sweet can compete with it in terms of sweet. This is the first time; we went to Thirumala Thirupathi. We bought Laddus for all our relatives. All the little ones in our family are very much fond of that. Once the Laddu was over, they started nagging us asking for the Laddus.

I thought of preparing the Laddu at home. I am eagerly looking for the recipe for it, and I want to know the secret formula behind the preparation of Tirupati Laddu.

Hi Friend,

The taste and sweetness of Tirupati Laddu are like an elixir. Though we prepare with all the ingredients in correct proportion, the sweet of Tirupati Laddu is unique.

Secret Formula behind the preparation of Tirupati Laddu is:

Ingredients used in Tirupati Laddu are Besan flour (kadalai mavu), Sugar, Cashew nuts, Cardamom, Ghee, Oil, Sugar candy, Raisins and Almonds.
    On a day around 5000 kg of Besan flour is used.
    Sugar around 10000 kg.
    Cashew nuts around 600 kg
    Cardamom 150 kg Ghee 300 liters Sugar candy 400 kg Raisins 540 kg

The tradition of Tirupati Laddu is nearly 300 years old. It is prepared by special hereditary priests known as archakas in special temple kitchen known as ‘potu’.

I will give you the recipe for preparing Tirupati Laddu here. Though the taste differs, it will be something near to Tirupati Laddu…

Ingredients -

• Semolina(Suji/Ravva) - 2 cups
    • Sugar - 2 cups
    • Fresh grated coconut - 1 cup
    • Ghee - 3 tbsp
    • Cardamom(Elakka) - 5 nos
    • Cashew nuts - A few
    • Raisins - A few
    • Warm milk - Half cup

Preparation -

• Heat up a kadai or a pan.
    • Fry suji ravva with one tbsp of ghee in the pan until it turns light brown in color on low flame. Keep the ravva aside.
    • Fry cashews and raisins in ghee and keep them aside.
    • Fry freshly grated coconut in the ghee and fry until it turns light brown in color.
    • Mix all the fried ingredients in a bowl and add cardamom powder to the mixture.
    • Slowly add milk until you can get laddu out of the mixture.
    • Do not add too much milk as laddus will spoil quickly.

Gratify the taste buds of all your little ones in the family!!!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Food & Drinks
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed